Does God Exist? (9 Viewers)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I gave up on this debate back when i realised
1) people would keep coming back to saying "it's my faith so i believe"
2) people would ask the same questions which i would have to repeat my answers too because it's too long to read all the pages.

budj

HSC
flyin' said:
You're dividing by (a - b) on both sides, and if you let a = b, you in turn divide both sides by 0.
lol you just got OWNED. Nice work
A bit like this lemma

let 1=1
then 1^2 = 1^2
but 1^2 = (-1)^2
taking sq. roots
1= -1
then 2 = 0

lol...

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
budj said:
lol you just got OWNED. Nice work
A bit like this lemma

let 1=1
then 1^2 = 1^2
but 1^2 = (-1)^2
taking sq. roots
1= -1
then 2 = 0

lol...
i'm not laughing, ur wasting my time by typing non relevant stuff here

budj

HSC
1+1=2. Proven by inspection, and im sure u can do shite with field theory etc, but im not that much learned in mathematics to comment.

Jou jou, you say there must be a higher power there? I cant feel no higher power working. Ibeleive you can disprove the non existence of a god without refering to. i beleive that "god" is a psychological mask people put on too "protect" them selves, and to define order through chaos. It is very easy for me to dismiss the tsunami as a mere act of god...

hmm?

*Barbie* said:

"if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." :) Romans 5:8
there u go acmillan (one or 2 "l's" cant remember), (some?) christians DO believe Jesus is God ("Lord"). :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think it was cleared up way back by snapperhead about that issue and how different denominations interpret it. *Barbie* seems to be towards more of a loose fundamentalist, whilst i follow Roman Catholicism

Last edited:

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
it's way the hell easier for people to claim there is no god than for us who believe in god to try and convince them that he does exist because...as i've learnt..."a hard heart cannot be broken" (or something along those lines) and therefore there's no convincing u guys

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i don't think there will be a topic people feel stronger for....

let's remove all discussion of religion, like removing all AMD vs intel debates from IT forum.

it is getting nowhere

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Kierkegaard said:
It means that God is not 'all interested' (Omittentive!) I can only conclude on the evidence with which we are presented. Physical events can be predicted through the extension of our senses using material equipment; hence the cause of these events must be physical. The same argument lends itself to the monist when arguing against dualism. Basically, if we can predict a physical event, it must have a physical cause. The causal chain can be traced back to the origins, which contradicts the hypothesis that God intervenes, hence the reason why I do not believe in an intervening deity.
so you're one of those people who live by the phrase "i need to see it to believe it" right??
and who exactly gave us the ability, the knowledge and the technology to predict physical events using material equipment? did we just wake up one day and realise we can do all this?

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
no.

we just woke up one day and God gave us the power. o_O

theres this thing called history. we learn it at school. some even do it at a university level. it studies how we came to have all this 'ability, knowledge, technology and material equipment' that we have here today.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Some sense please

A2RAYA said:
it's way the hell easier for people to claim there is no god than for us who believe in god to try and convince them that he does exist
Why do you think it is easier? It's easier to claim there is no such thing as a flying elephant, than to convince people otherwise, but that's probably because it makes little sense to believe in a flying elephant.

A2RAYA said:
because...as i've learnt..."a hard heart cannot be broken" (or something along those lines) and therefore there's no convincing u guys
1. That assumes that most people who disbelieve in God are cold-hearted!
2. Proving the existence of something does not mean "using your heart" (ie. ignoring reason). I could equally make the expression, a "concrete head cannot be broken."

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
A2RAYA said:
so you're one of those people who live by the phrase "i need to see it to believe it" right??
and who exactly gave us the ability, the knowledge and the technology to predict physical events using material equipment? did we just wake up one day and realise we can do all this?
Do a google search: evolution.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
dumb christians maketh more atheists.
smart christians promote their god through their acts, not their words.

budj

HSC
Still people, there is alot of contradictory stuff that modern science revokes when it comes to the bible. Like the fact that the earth is only 6000 years old...

Moreover, I have tried to see the other side, the Logic of beleiving in a god. Why should he, or it, give humans a large brain if we cannot question "its" central ideologies and "its" existance. Sounds quite silly to me.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
Still people, there is alot of contradictory stuff that modern science revokes when it comes to the bible. Like the fact that the earth is only 6000 years old...

Moreover, I have tried to see the other side, the Logic of beleiving in a god. Why should he, or it, give humans a large brain if we cannot question "its" central ideologies and "its" existance. Sounds quite silly to me.
who says we cant question???

minalata

HSC
this is a pretty interesting thread to read... but i gotta say i kinda got bored after a coupla of pages...so if i say nething already said b4, i apologise.

ok noe for my input...

i gotta say the the one thing that peeves me off... are the christians that claim they are and then they go and have sex and drink and basically not follow what god has to say.... and it it makes me question... well surely they must not really belive in god... and im sorry but its ppl like that, that put me off.
why do some, and i stress the some, christians do that???
now of course, i know some great people who are christians.

God says that he has to be the one christians love the most... and i just dont understand how people can honestly say they love god more than nething, their family and freinds???
anyone care to explain, cos i would really like to know?

sorry this isnt really about whether god exists...

i guess i just have all these little questions.... and who knows i might end up believing in god one day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)