Does God Exist? (3 Viewers)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
soha said:
once again?

isnt our existance proof enough...?
think about the brain...how it functions...
who created that?
think about the heart..how it beats..
who created that?
think about the lungs how they operate..
how you breathe instinctively
how you wake up everymorining alive..you have been given life..by whom?..
by GoD...!
the three central religons of the world..christianity..islam and judiasm
they all have a belief in GoD and the oneness of GoD
and if you want to "FiNd GOd"... then you can..read the koran ..the bible and whatever else...
its not a topic that you can lash out at in a forum..its deeper then that
and if you are sincere in finding GoD.. or proof that GoD exists then ask GoD..
and you cant try with the intention to knock it back..you have to have an open mind and an open heart...but then again i dont know what your intentions are
haha i have a big dick, god must've gave me that one :p geez that line of reasoning makes no sense to me.

budj

HSC
Considering the human psyche is so fragile, ad the fact that it is vastly advantageous for us to know that some one is out there...I can see y u all beleive in a supreme being...

I do not need to read th bible Soha...I read the buddhist philosophy books...thats good enough and makes logical sense to me.

Okay, apply your reasoning to...who created god? And you cannot deny the stupidity and the falsity of the claims of creation in 6 days, and the earth being 6000 years old. Simple science will tell you NO!!!

But if you beleive in god then by all means go for it...It no doubtedly makes you a better person (socially....though im not sure about intellectually :p ), and this is what this world needs. Kind, compassionate caring souls.

My intentions? THey re to be compasionate...loving...I dont need a god to tell me to do this

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
budj said:
I do not need to read th bible Soha...I read the buddhist philosophy books...thats good enough and makes logical sense to me.

Okay, apply your reasoning to...who created god? And you cannot deny the stupidity and the falsity of the claims of creation in 6 days, and the earth being 6000 years old. Simple science will tell you NO!!!
not all of us here are christains and so not all of us read the bible...however before u decide not to believe in god..it would be wise to read up about other religions..also not all of us agree that the earth was created in 6 days so maybe u shouldnt be so general

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
budj said:
No one denies it. Creation as described in Genesis is a myth and it is accepted that way. Like all good myths, what is most important is what is taken out of the story, not what is actually happening in it

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Certain Christian's will. I think the Pentacolists accept a 6000yr old Earth.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Im not sure about Pentecostals but there would be some fundamentalist groups that take everything literally. Let me restate then: Most Christians do not take the creation as literal

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
actually its a very small % that adhere to the creation stories in the bible...but then again, these are the same people that are intolerant and dont like other religions (hmmm....sounds familiar) and dont see the irony in holding word for word to a Jewish creation myth....

Kierkegaard

HSC
These are also the Christian groups with a growing population. That's a scary thought. While the traditional churches are in decline, the mad-house churches are on the rise.

These literalist Christians are very fond of the Jewish tradition. Many of them campaign for Zionism and all that ignorant, moralistic bullshit.
hmm...are there any fellow, anti-Zionists, here?

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
we as muslims believe that the earth was created before humans
but we dont know exactly how old it is
however prophet adam peace be upon him spent an hour which is equilavent to 130 000 years in paradise
the came to earth
thats what we muslims believe

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Kierkegaard said:
These are also the Christian groups with a growing population. That's a scary thought. While the traditional churches are in decline, the mad-house churches are on the rise.

These literalist Christians are very fond of the Jewish tradition. Many of them campaign for Zionism and all that ignorant, moralistic bullshit.
what the... fundamentals do not support Zionism as its a direct clash with their ideology. Dont confuse American political rhetoric or American quasi terrorist groups (what do they call them? Freedom Fighters? Patriots?) for religious beliefs. Why would they support something that contradicts their main beliefs ie the only way to heaven is through a belief in and acceptance of Christ as the messiah and son of God.

Plus, whilst their numbers are increasing (actually have slightly decreased since last census if memory serves me right), they still represent an absolute minority within the Australian Christian community.

Dont get groups mixed up. There is a distinct difference betwee Evangelical Christians and Fundamental Christians...a very big difference

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
budj said:

Ahh...ignornce is bliss! As Soha said, do some real reading before sprouting off in here.

Creation in 6 days is a metaphor as its a MYTH...remember this from yr 7 English? Also, its based on an oral tradition .: it is open to many interpretations and obviously it has changed. Imagine the story being told when it was designed to be told. Science (as we know it) did not exist then so it was told in terms that the listener would understand. Being a farming based society (as they were), the story was literal and told in terms they understood ie sun up, sun down. If you want to take it literally, you are being as "stupid" (more ignorant but...) as the people you are accusing of or having a go at for taking it "literally"...think about it!
As for who created God, again, do some reading. Based on religious texts, there are answers for this ie no-one did as God was just 'there' but even scientifically, there has to be a first (no matter how small, there is always a "first") so why ask such an ignorant question?
sheesh....do some background reading ie wide reading not just some Buddhist philosphy books (note: Buddhism isnt really a religion so you cant use that as your source...). It doesnt make your argument sound good!

*gets off soapbox*
LOL
:)

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Kierkegaard said:

Also to add to snapperhead, after its surge to leading denomination in Australia in terms of numbers, Catholicism continually remains steady with about one-third of the population following it. Whilst some Protestant groups are declining, this is usually due to protestants switching from one protestant denomination to another.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
snapperhead said:
Ahh...ignornce is bliss! As Soha said, do some real reading before sprouting off in here.

Creation in 6 days is a metaphor as its a MYTH...remember this from yr 7 English? Also, its based on an oral tradition .: it is open to many interpretations and obviously it has changed. :)

well, reading is something ive been doin these last few weeks! :)

ive been reading (amongst other things ofcourse) about how the old testament and new testaments were recorded and stuff, its really extensive "history" isnt it.

this is what i understand of it so far (please please correct me in any way possible)
The ancient hebrew oral traditions may not always be treated "literally" ofcourse. im not a christian or jew so ill be as objective as i can. these traditions were passed down orally between different tribes and were recorded at various times in jewish history. Of more particular importance is that the old testament know of today has been pieced together from different sources (eg: Yahvist, Elohist, Deutronomy, sacredotal).

Genesis was put together from the sacredotal and yahvist versions. but The point is that each version was written in its own historical time frame and historical backgrounds apply to the way each version was written down. i think the old testament provides the story to have more of an allegorical meaning. Is that tru?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
well, reading is something ive been doin these last few weeks! :)

ive been reading (amongst other things ofcourse) about how the old testament and new testaments were recorded and stuff, its really extensive "history" isnt it.

this is what i understand of it so far (please please correct me in any way possible)
The ancient hebrew oral traditions may not always be treated "literally" ofcourse. im not a christian or jew so ill be as objective as i can. these traditions were passed down orally between different tribes and were recorded at various times in jewish history. Of more particular importance is that the old testament know of today has been pieced together from different sources (eg: Yahvist, Elohist, Deutronomy, sacredotal).

Genesis was put together from the sacredotal and yahvist versions. but The point is that each version was written in its own historical time frame and historical backgrounds apply to the way each version was written down. i think the old testament provides the story to have more of an allegorical meaning. Is that tru?
sounds about right... would have to doublecheck your terminology and time frames though just to make sure....

just kidding!!

The OT was made up from different sources and held different meanings to various communities. My issue is that we as Christians (for the Christians out there that is) have adopted what are Jewish oral traditions and we have the hide to tell Jewish 'theologians' (cant think of the correct blanket term ATM) that they are wrong because of our interpretation of things eg the messiah/Jesus references in the OT.... funny thing is that the Christian groups who adhere to OT teachings (usually) are the racist/intolerant groups within Christianity but their main source (usually not the NT) of 'information' is Jewish!

LOL..makes me proud to call myself a Christian!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
hmm? said:
so we are once again brought to the fallibilities of the bible? :eek:
only in the hands of those who either dont believe or understand.....!!
and it should be pointed out that we are talking about the OT here.

not that it has anything to do with the thread topic BTW .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)