• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does going to a shit school alter ur final uai? (1 Viewer)

Does attening a disadvantaged school have a negative effect?

• decreases UAO DOWN<<

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • increases UAI UP>>

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Its all indivisual effort ;)

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Its all about your cultural background :P:P

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

abduljaved

HSC
i go to belmore boyz

most ppl would have a negative 1st impression however i waz just wondering if going to a "dis-advantaged school" effect your mark?

Last edited:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
i go to belmore boyz

most ppl would have a negative 1st impression however i waz just wondering if going to a "dis-advantaged school" effect your mark?http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/musik/music-smiley-005.gif

no it doesn't matter as long as you do the best you can. If you last in a selective school and your in top 20 in a ranked 300th is there much of a difference? The only thing that does not work in your favour if you are smart and go to a "disadvantaged school" is that if your first in your subs and before trials you screw and lose those rankings and then comes HSC and the person who came first internally didn't do so well then you would be disadvantaged that way where your HSC mark would be less then what it could be. Other than that, don't worry about that. If half the people who posted a similar thread used that time to work harder then they wouldn't even need to consider the above situation.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You're more disadvantaged by not being able to use proper spelling for your poll options than going to a crap school.

08er

HSC
as long you maintain a good rank and focus on your performance you should be fine

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
You're more disadvantaged by not being able to use proper spelling for your poll options than going to a crap school.
Hehe.

As the others said, just aim for and maintain an awesome rank and do the best you can - it's all up to you :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As has been said many times before, it's all down to your individual effort/performance.
As long as you can self motivate in what may be a less competitve school environment, you won't be ill-affected by your school.

08er

HSC
not only that, his poll options dont even make sense

LordPc

HSC
no.

seriously this is a poor question. do you think if they put the smartest guy in the world into a crap school, and he aced everything, that he would only get a uai of 90 cause his school was crap?

cmon, use a bit of logic before you ask these questions

tku336

HSC
in fact, you could even say at the very top end its an advantage.

because you have no competition for internal ranks so you get your own marks. whereas theres more of a chance in top ten schools that you could not top a subject (such as my second in half yearly economics) which means that theres more of a chance of getting a lower internal mark than your own external mark.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
you guys all suck
give the kid a break, he does go to belmore boys after all

but im sure if you tried hard enough, you'll achieve a great mark. i know heaps of people who go to shitty schools and yet come up with a 95+ uai

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Last edited:

runnable

HSC
You know what will alter your final UAI? Not being able to rank highly in a shit school. You think you deserve a high UAI?

abduljaved

HSC
thankz 4 the replies ppl

yahh and soz for the typoz

THE LAST POLL OPTION IZ A JOKE CHILL PEEPZ ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)