Does 'love' take time to develop? (1 Viewer)

Jase

HSC
How well do you need to know someone to really be in 'love' with them?

how well did you know your partner before you started being socially accepted as gf/bf? did you 'start out' as good friends or strangers.

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
Jase said:

how well did you know your partner before you started being socially accepted as gf/bf? did you 'start out' as good friends or strangers.
it'd prob different for every1...

personally, i'm not even sure...

aimstar555

HSC
of course love takes time, unless you happen to find "that ultimatly perfect person and the relationship requires no work what so ever" but do those relationships really exisit?

anywayz, i knew my bf for about 8 months before we started going out and we had both come out of really horrible relationships. but we are still together now and it's never easy....but i know it's worth it :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i guess (as it stands now, in light of what experience i do have) i believe that in some ways you KNOW when youve met someone you could love. i mean there's some kind of instant attraction, and i guess you see the potential. i think as far as how long it takes to be "in love" with them, that depends on the people involved... but i know my parents both claim it was love at first sight for them (cheeez), they were married after 6 weeks or something, and havent had an issue really in all their 27 years of marriage, so who knows.

i think some elements of "love" take time to develop... and theres certain aspects of a loving relationship you couldnt fully appreciate after a wk, it would probably take years.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Jase said:

hmmm that's hard to answer coz the time it takes for someone to realise they're "in love" with someone varies dramatically person to person. i think too many people throw the L word around these days, saying it waaay too early in the relationship etc. im not saying that love at first sight doesnt exist - just that you should wait til you're sure about it before doing it. for me, i have to feel that i know him pretty well and feel so strongly for him, that i'm SURE it's love ....

and just for you, Jase :p -
she makes me want to stay
i've never felt this way
love is here all around me...
<3

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
When my boy and I met, we were strangers (we met at uni), but from the onset of the friendship, he told me that he knew we would be together eventually (at the time I had a boyfriend). And I felt that connection too. Anyway, so when we did get together, I felt like I loved him immediately, but wasnt about to say so. This is the first instance where I have loved someone so completely from the beginning of a relationship. Its just amazing how quickly our relationship developed, it was so natural and automatic and everything just fits with us.

If I hadent experienced this first hand, I'd be quick to say that love is a process, because prior to him thats all I ever knew. And while I still think it is a process, the process can be v. quick and sweep you off your feet. It depends on the person and how close you are... I think the fact that Steve and I knew we would end up together made it easier to love each other, and easier to accept that it really does happen this fast! Not quite love at first sight, but pretty close to!

I agree with spinspin when she says that it develops in regards to little things. I agree you cant completely love a person after a week and appreciate them, but I feel that what I experienced was close to this... We were together a month or so before I actually said those three little words, and nothing has changed since then. I honestly would adore to settle down with him and have kitties and bubbies together.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
i think some elements of "love" take time to develop...
Ten months in, I find that I've grown a lot closer to my loved one.. I was reflecting on this the other day... Before our relationship (as MJ said) I knew we'd get together sometime; a bond grew so quickly that it was hard to believe it wouldn't.

Soon after, in the early months of our relationship, we went to Melbourne, and I knew I was in love.. since then, things have developed: somehow it feels so much fuller: I've started loving her even for her faults... I remember once, I was a little... not scared... but hesitant to love someone completley, partially out of fear of losing my own sense of identity. I find that now I appreciate every day on a much deeper level: I see her and don't feel a 'oh my god it's her' novelty feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship, but it's like a part of you is reacquainted with yourself, and it just feels 'right'.

That's love, in my opinion.

...and this is being written in a storm of frustration... one of those moments where I definetly have to love her even for her faults... grr!

(I love you MJ...)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
When I eventually got together with my now bf, my friends' reaction was "FINALLY" which kinda surprised me o_O

HSC
i was seeing my current b/f for a month b4 he asked me out, we were acting as if we were going out 4 a month but without the g/f and b/f title.
i have 2 b sure b4 i say "i love you" i havent found that moment yet so i dont know anything bout being in love

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
yes....love always takes time to develop....there are crushes and lust but love never immediately arises till u get to know a person

taxman

make poverty
HSC
In a way I suppose it does. Depends who you're with. I wasn't too hot on my first girlfriend, but grew to 'like' her more than i did before i broke up with her...my second I fell in love with almost instantly, until she broke up with me...and since then I don't have feelings for anybody. I just slut my body around trying my best not to fall in love...cos it's fuckin shit.

Jase

HSC
Yeah, I agree that the word "love" is tossed around like a chewed up rag in a giant cosmic washing machine these days... I really "hate" it..

The thing is, most people don't know love until they've learnt hate or lost love. In the first relationship.. you have no emotional standards to compare your feelings to.. how do you know you are really in love? You have this empirical concept of love put on you by the media and society in general.

And then of course you hear the 'you'll know love when you feel it'. Since everyone 'feels' slightly differently..mabye love is not a definite thing.. the love i feel is a heart beating fast and a love someone else feels is a nausea. mabye we're all just stupid and no one in the world really knows what love feels like.

Sorry i'm just having a rant.
I just told this to my significant other. we've decided that until we're mature and bitter enough to love each other without chances of breaking up... we'll just be friends. basically we just broke up. i don't know why i'm crying. maybe it's love? or a trivial attachment .. I've been used to her presence for about two years. she's still there. but it's alot colder.

haha.. thanks bubz.

i guess it all comes down to figuring it out all by yourself in the end.

alex_c86

HSC
love does take time to develop, but i think that when you first start going out with the person you either feel the potential that you could love them or you dont. i went out with a few guys before my current bf, and i never really felt that it could go beyond a 2 week type 'fing'. however as soon as i met my bf, and we became best friends, both of us felt that there was the potential. first time he said he loved me was about one month into the relationship, but we were very close friends for a few months before that, i dnt think i could go out with someone i met and tell them i loved them after a month, but then again ive never been in that situation..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
eViLnUt said:
does any1 think its possible to 'love' sum1 b4 u REALLI get 2 kno dem?
Yes, you retard. Otherwise it would make no sense. How could you love someone if you didn't know what you were loving?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)