Does Modern history actually count? (1 Viewer)

GubGub

HSC
It has come to my attention that modern history doesnt actually count in the real world and if your reading this right now your wasting your life... you may as well go waste yourself right now...

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
It's important to be wary of the consequences of our actions in all tiers of society - as governments, as organisations and as individuals. The syllabus also builds important analysis skills and the student's ability to structure an arguement.

It's far from pointless as long as you remember that the details are fleeting; it's your interpretation and analysis of this information which is where your marks (and purpose) are derived.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
^ A excellent answer Wolfowitz answers it all....

@ hopeles5ly - I original saw this post then it was first created but didn't think it deserved to be replyed to with the nature of the post, why would you do a subject if you didn't think it would matter? and why would you join a public forum dedicated to helping HSC students if you didn't think the subject was worth it........

100% agree with the replys from hopeles5y and Wolfowitz

GubGub

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
you may as well go kill yourself right now. don't join a forum to make stupid comments like that. for the amount of things you learn in high school, how much of it do you think your gonna use later in life? and btw why are you studying the subject huh?

Well Like they say at my school ' I Do What I Want ' and who said i actually did the subject you guys just think i do... but in my own mind im a legend and you history buffs dont deserve recognition for your outstanding pass to the land of gay.
bye

stormstormstorm

HSC
GubGub said:
Well Like they say at my school ' GubGub is a jerk' and who said i actually did the subject you guys just think i do i am actually a dole bludging piece of crap... but in my own mind im a 'cock and you history buffs dont deserve recognition for your outstanding work your all legends.
bye
why thank you gubgub what an honest account of yourself ... and yes we are all legends ;)

grackle

HSC
GubGub said:
It has come to my attention that modern history doesnt actually count in the real world and if your reading this right now your wasting your life... you may as well go waste yourself right now...
i had a really good laugh at this post... this statement embodies all the stress/angst of my modern studying friends. but ultimately, you're a twat. i'm about 98% sure that modern is a prerequisite for most journalism courses.

but in the real world, learning about our history counts for everything... thinking about it... that's one of the stupidest statements i've ever read. people learn from their mistakes and all that crap, if you have no knowledge of them, you'll just make them again won't you? as politik said, modern gives you insight into why the world is what it is... well, maybe not YOU gubgub...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I'm not going to get into the argument of how useful it is cos the ignorance of the original poster is not worth my time.
I will say that regardless of its worth Modern History made my HSC fun and so much easier to bear. Was my absolute fav subject and fav class and fav teacher. Best part of my HSC experience. When you get to uni, you realise how much loving a subject can make a difference to a learning experience.

I'm not a robot out to do stuff to just get the best skills and the best job and not even think about what I like.

Also, since Modern History involves alot of writing, perhaps it might help some us brush up on our spelling...

naivedoll

sniff my armpits
HSC
GubGub said:
Well Like they say at my school ' I Do What I Want ' and who said i actually did the subject you guys just think i do... but in my own mind im a legend and you history buffs dont deserve recognition for your outstanding pass to the land of gay.
bye
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you chicken fart. Unwanted but when it comes you can't help but be mesmerised by it.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
i'm about 98% sure that modern is a prerequisite for most journalism courses.
What??!! I'm not sure about that...none of the courses I've checked out have Modern as a prerequisite, anyway. English Extension is reccommended, but that's it.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
the intial post is incredibly nihilistic.

you might as well say hsc is propaganda fed to us by extreme left-wing factions who desire a politically correct society (with its studies of post-colonialist critical theories in module b adv and its egalitarian approach to education). heck you might as well say education is useless in disengageing the primal instincts from our minds

but seriously, modern history, like most other subjects has been scrutinised by BOS, senior markers, officials and even the state government as being suitable nay helpful for school students. if you so desire to complain then write a letter to your friendly BOS official please.

have a good day old chap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)