Does Newcaslte have late round offers? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yup. i got a final round offer for bonded about... mid feb?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yes they do..

cos lik ppl in main round reject offers to take interstate unis

aevareth

HSC
oops maybe I should have been more clear...I meant late round interview offers >_<

sorry for the confusion...my bad

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
they dun

..since UMAT is used for allocating interview places
the UAI isnt used for admission once it 93ish or higher..

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what UAI is required minimum to have a realistic chance for entry in Newcastle University Medicine? I know that you need at least 93.8 or something to be considered, but, person with that UAI do not have a real chance of entry, I think.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
no.. the case is that any of the top 10% of yr 12 candidates would be capable of medicine

there is no offical policy about UAI as a gauge and i recall there are people with 93 and entry to Newcastle.

realistically ppl with high UAIs and/or UMATs have taken other interviews and used them for practise.. and gives them opportunity to improve their nerves and answers.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
i asked how many offers were given in the later rounds... usually around 2-3 after the main round.
ie. not many
well if you do well in the interview then you have a good chance of getting in as long as you get over 93.8. The thing is, most people do well in all aspects of the selection process anyway so you have a wide spectrum with most being in the high 90s. (ie. 98+)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
There's only one round of interviews, and if you don't get one you try again next year.

As for late round offers...well I only know one person who has ever got one and that's Frigid up there. I certainly didn't get one and I applied twice. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)