Does prestige / what uni you go to matter for a health science degree? (1 Viewer)

joannaadele

HSC
I'm interested in either Speech or Occupational Therapy but I'm doubting my ability to achieve usyd atar cut offs and am interested in pursuing it in Macquarie. Would this effect my chances of emploment?

astroman

HSC
Not greatly, i would say employers would prefer someone with experience from Maquarie than someone from USYD without experience.

Flop21

HSC
Not greatly, i would say employers would prefer someone with experience from Maquarie than someone from USYD without experience.
Yeah. Big thing is get good grade and get lots of experience BEFORE you graduate. I.e. internships.

unicornfart

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm interested in either Speech or Occupational Therapy but I'm doubting my ability to achieve usyd atar cut offs and am interested in pursuing it in Macquarie. Would this effect my chances of emploment?

What's the biggest difference between a doctor who studies at USYD or UNSW compared to one who studies at UoW or UWS?
What's the difference between a med student who got full marks and one who got good but not excellent marks?

The answer to both of these questions - There isn't one. they both graduate as a doctor.

The content is shared among the universities anyway.

joannaadele

HSC
bringing this because I need extra advice
I got the cut off for usyd occupational therapy
however uws offered me a scholarship if I enroll there (20K, 5K a year)
what should i do?

joannaadele

HSC
just employers though, 20k is just a minimal amount if I get into a grad position
heard only given to usyd applicants tho

Vecordious

HSC
N/A
bringing this because I need extra advice
I got the cut off for usyd occupational therapy
however uws offered me a scholarship if I enroll there (20K, 5K a year)
what should i do?
Take the UWS offer with scholarship. It will take a lot of pressure off studying if you don't have to worry about having a job. At the end of the day, you graduate as an OT no matter where you studied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)