Does relationships whilst HSC pose as a Distraction or Motivation? (1 Viewer)

nojess

HSC
yes yes yes yes a relationship is a huge distraction during the HSC. For me it's been really difficult to balance the two, because obviously I prefer to spend time with my boyfriend than study.
On the other hand it's really nice having someone there to help you out when you're having HSC-related emotional breakdowns.

er15

HSC
Correct. If the relationship screws up, you will be in a emotional mess.

This.

Limited my ATAR potential last year as I was in a complete mess. However, I was lucky enough to come out with a decent ATAR.

As mentioned earlier it can be a good or bad thing but if it goes wrong, it may possibly be the death of your ATAR.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't be in a relationship during the HSC
With this kind of mentality, you might as well not do anything with the HSC.

Point is, there will come a time in your life where you have to balance conflicting priorities, whether it be school/uni, work, boyfriend/girlfriend, travel, sport, music etc.-you might as well learn to balance your life in the hsc.

I'd say everything in moderation.

darlking

HSC
N/A
It is a distraction if your not concentrating on your hsc and its a motivation because you want to impress your boy/girl friend, right? If you love your boyfriend so much that you would fail your hsc, your an idiot. (no offence intened) :party:

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
So if i get in a relationship will i be guaranteed an ATAR of at least 85 spiritual? if so, anyone wanna go out with me, girl/boy i dont care (no homo)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It is a distraction if your not concentrating on your hsc and its a motivation because you want to impress your boy/girl friend, right? If you love your boyfriend so much that you would fail your hsc, your an idiot. (no offence intened) :party:
You're.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you loved each other so much, you would both understand that there are other aspects to your life as well, such as the hsc...

In turn, you're the idiot if you think a relationship IS the reason why you would fail your hsc, when in reality it is just poor time management and what your priorities are.

Lul

HSC
Nothing gets better than a few night sessions with your gf, especially after acing an exam mate. Trust me, i've been through this crap, and it worked out for me in the end. I've gotten to where i wanted to be, and am enjoying life :)

the_one_1

HSC
To me depends on what happens. If you break up it could become a distraction but you will have more time to study. But if together, you can study with each other and I feel it might be a motivation, so it can go either way.

It doesn't take 4-5 months to stop thinking about the girl you broke up with, it only takes up to 1 month. (to me anyway)

dancetilldawnli

HSC
i would say it's a distraction, purely on the basis that you may have other priorities.

DLMisme

HSC
It depends on the couple. Like some have said earlier, if the couple have similar attitudes towards studying and both want to do well it could be beneficial but to a couple with very different attitudes where one person never wants to study they could be a distraction to their boyfriend/girlfriend. I think a thing to remember is these are high school relationships, people are subject to change and people want to go down different paths in their lives. It is not going to be the end of the world if a person goes through a break up during their HSC. Yes, it will be upsetting but personally I'd use it as an opportunity to study my heart out and distract myself in other ways. Well, that's how I handled my last break up and my school marks improved but that won't be the same for everybody. I know this sounds cold and mean but I think partly understanding things may not last could make the break up process easier. It will be easier to accept and move on if you haven't had your head in the clouds thinking you're going to marry this person and spend the rest of your life with them.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It depends on the couple. Like some have said earlier, if the couple have similar attitudes towards studying and both want to do well it could be beneficial but to a couple with very different attitudes where one person never wants to study they could be a distraction to their boyfriend/girlfriend. I think a thing to remember is these are high school relationships, people are subject to change and people want to go down different paths in their lives. It is not going to be the end of the world if a person goes through a break up during their HSC. Yes, it will be upsetting but personally I'd use it as an opportunity to study my heart out and distract myself in other ways. Well, that's how I handled my last break up and my school marks improved but that won't be the same for everybody. I know this sounds cold and mean but I think partly understanding things may not last could make the break up process easier. It will be easier to accept and move on if you haven't had your head in the clouds thinking you're going to marry this person and spend the rest of your life with them.
How do you know that though.

Emily Howard

HSC
ITT: bunch ov basements speculatin how relationships could impact on da hsc

nojess

HSC
moar lyk could the hsc impact your relationship
real life example
boyfriend: I haven't seen you in a week.
me: I need to study.
boyfriend: have you found someone else?
me: no, my trials are in less than 2 weeks.

DLMisme

HSC
How do you know that though.
You don't, but think about how many high school relationships really last. I can only think of my best friends' parents who have been together since they were 14. I'm not saying that young people shouldn't have relationships or fall in love, I know how it feels to genuinely want to spend your life with someone. BUT I see way too many teens at my school get this nasty shock when things don't work out. They genuinely didn't believe they would ever break up. I'm just saying I think before a young person gets involved in a relationship that they should have the maturity to understand that it may not work out, and they should be aware that the HSC could definitely impact a relationship. That's just my opinion anyway.

koreafantasy

HSC
Motivation. Espescially if you really hate taking shit from your school and they keep saying 'do work you lazy cunt youre dragging the whole school down' (I go to ruse. go figure), and I scrape through all the homework because I do it in the honor of someone special to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)