does sam work? (1 Viewer)

elmo788

HSC
hey has ani1 previously used sam and actually got the uai mark it predicted i dun wanna get my hopes up over a mark i wont get..thanks guys

P

pLuvia

It's suppose to be a prediction so it won't be very accurate, or sometimes if lucky is on the dot. But from previous years it has been close to the actual UAI

broken_jukebox

HSC
It is hard to use SAM before doing the HSC
like most of your internal marks do not reflect that actual internal mark that u get in the hsc paper.

For example I got ave: 93 in Advanced English
and on the paper it turned out into 88, so I was pissed off. Luckily my external was 92 and so overall I got 90 for adv english. However, if my f**king school marked [harder] properly i would've gotten the correct legitmate mark of 92.

Anyways for Modern History I was getting 60s-70s, I think my overall mark was like 73% internally. But when I did the test I got 89 externally, and my 73 was pulled up to 80, hence I got 85 for modern history. Now I tried hard to most of my subjects, and I believe if my fucking teacher marked easier I would've gotten my legit mark of 89, but then like ADV english I would've craved for a 90. But I was over the moon with 85 [though 89 is very more attractive] as I was getting 70s during the year.

And for Eng Ext. 2 I got 47/50 for internally, and 50/50 externally. Thus my internal mark (that my teacher gave me 47 got scaled up to 50) and so I got 50/50 for Ext 2 both internally and externally!

Also SAM is wrong! It calculated my UAI higher than what I actually got! I'm not gonna tell u my UAI, but SAM actually gave me an extra 1.05 uai than what I actually got, so... if you really want a precise uai prediction wait until u get the HSC results (then u'd be waiting one more day, and there's not point in looking it up anyways) OR minus 1 uai in SAM!!! And most of you nerds would find that one extra uai necessary as 1 uai will either break or make ur entry to ur uni course. I got into my 2nd course, actually it became my 1st choice in the end when i got my uai. so yeh. GOOD LUCK ALL. Im so glad hsc is over, but i kinda wanna do it again so i could do better!!! but still uni is way much better. freer.

I'm going Commerce/Arts at Usyd, so ya know I got above or in between 93.9

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
SAM is only a prediction for your actual HSC test at the end of the year. And THAT test is only worth 50% and all your assessments that you did in that year is worth 50%. So SAM is only half of your actual final uai prediction.

volition

arr.
HSC
yoakim, you typically enter your marks (the average of your HSC exam result and assessment mark) into SAM, and hopefully, it will spit out a UAI somewhat close to what you'll get. SAM is ALL of your uai prediction, not just half

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
volition said:
yoakim, you typically enter your marks (the average of your HSC exam result and assessment mark) into SAM, and hopefully, it will spit out a UAI somewhat close to what you'll get. SAM is ALL of your uai prediction, not just half
hahaha what was i thinking, yeah uai counts for both internal and external haha my mistake

dan_viper88

HSC
Sam's pretty shit if you ask me i got a UAI of 89.85 and it predicted 91.30 thats a 1.45 drop from 2004-2005, so if you really want an accurate approximation wait until December 17th!!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
any uai below 98 is hard for sam to predict because the marks distribution is bunched up.

Akkadakka

Custom User Title
HSC
where do i update my profile? cos i tried to do it in my user profile, but then SAM still wont work

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Akkadakka said:
where do i update my profile? cos i tried to do it in my user profile, but then SAM still wont work
Unfortunately [premium members] can't, they need to contact one of the administrators and request for the change. If you are non-premium, then read Without Wing's post.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)