• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does the external mark have affect on the internal mark for UAI? (1 Viewer)

sivan89

HSC
What happens if someone gets ranked poorly, and say they come 35/40 for all there subjects (example) and the internal mark for the person ranked 35th is 50%, then they ace all there externals and get 90% for all there subjects. Would thier UAI be 60 becuase thats the average of 50 and 90, or will there external mark have a effect on there ranking/internal mark?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
sivan89 said:
What happens if someone gets ranked poorly, and say they come 35/40 for all there subjects (example) and the internal mark for the person ranked 35th is 50%, then they ace all there externals and get 90% for all there subjects. Would thier UAI be 60 becuase thats the average of 50 and 90, or will there external mark have a effect on there ranking/internal mark?
if you are ranked low at school, but then do better than others in the externals, then this will disadvantage your internal marks, by how much is determined by how everyone at your school goes in that subject.

sivan89

HSC
me121 said:
if you are ranked low at school, but then do better than others in the externals, then this will disadvantage your internal marks, by how much is determined by how everyone at your school goes in that subject.
So this will give me a bad internal mark?

runnable

HSC
sivan89 said:
So this will give me a bad internal mark?
You keep your external mark but you essentially get the # highest mark in your cohort according to your # rank for your internals.

Doing well in externals never hurts, it can only benefit you.

sivan89

HSC
OK then thanks for clearling that up, I kinda stuffed my school assement rankings so i gotta do really good in the externals just to get a OK UAI, and now it looks like thats gonna get disadvantaged too :(

Last edited:

runnable

HSC
sivan89 said:
OK then thanks for clearling that up, I kinda stuffed my school assement rankings so i gotta do really good in the externals just to get a OK UAI, and now it looks like thats gonna get disadvantaged too :(
That is nonsense, doing well in externals is ALWAYS good for yourself. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)