Does the HSC tend to be much harder than trials? (1 Viewer)

Alistruggles

HSC
I did ok in trials and I'm studying a whole day more for the HSC but I feel like I just fluked trials and hsc will be way way harder :(

Edit: my dumb ass forgot to mention this is for maths ext 1 lol, and for trials I did the CSSA paper

Last edited:

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
It's possible that you got lucky in trials and the test was on stuff that you know well - it is possible that the HSC won't be like that. You can also just be stressing about it for no reason and be very well prepared. If your test is in like 2 days there is really not much you can do if you're unprepared and if you are prepared then it doesn't matter because you're prepared.

大きい男

HSC
I did ok in trials and I'm studying a whole day more for the HSC but I feel like I just fluked trials and hsc will be way way harder :(

Edit: my dumb ass forgot to mention this is for maths ext 1 lol, and for trials I did the CSSA paper
I think the CSSA extension 1 paper is quite easy compared to some other schools' papers, so it would be safe to assume that the HSC will be harder. Don't forget that your HSC marks aren't your raw marks-- so if you think you aren't doing as well as you did in your trials, your final HSC marks are not necessarily going to be lower than your trial marks.

Alistruggles

HSC
I think the CSSA extension 1 paper is quite easy compared to some other schools' papers, so it would be safe to assume that the HSC will be harder. Don't forget that your HSC marks aren't your raw marks-- so if you think you aren't doing as well as you did in your trials, your final HSC marks are not necessarily going to be lower than your trial marks.
Thanks a lot for the insight! I did feel that it was quite surprisingly easy, are there any particular challenging papers (with solutions) that you could recommend?

大きい男

HSC
Thanks a lot for the insight! I did feel that it was quite surprisingly easy, are there any particular challenging papers (with solutions) that you could recommend?
I would say James Ruse had the hardest one, but most of the top schools have decent papers with questions that are fresh and not taken from a commercial paper

Alistruggles

HSC
It's possible that you got lucky in trials and the test was on stuff that you know well - it is possible that the HSC won't be like that. You can also just be stressing about it for no reason and be very well prepared. If your test is in like 2 days there is really not much you can do if you're unprepared and if you are prepared then it doesn't matter because you're prepared.
It's rather frustrating really but I'm someone who's used to studying last minute and retaining information just for 1 exam (and forgetting it quickly after) I studied for my trials in a week (going through maths in focus yr11/yr12 for 6 days then finished the nesa specimen paper in the last few hours) so I can get a lot done in 2 days, just looking to be somewhat more efficient about it ><

and also want to spend less time stressing and more time working which is why i made this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)