• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does the interview time given by Griffith Uni mean anything? (1 Viewer)

moodchanger08

HSC
My sister and I have both received interview offers to Griffith Uni for Med Science which leads to a MBBS and we got interviews two days apart. Just wondering if anyone knows whether the interview times were allocated according to UMAT marks or were they just random?

*I know UMAT scores are coming out soon, but I'm just curious to find out now.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
moodchanger08 said:
My sister and I have both received interview offers to Griffith Uni for Med Science which leads to a MBBS and we got interviews two days apart. Just wondering if anyone knows whether the interview times were allocated according to UMAT marks or were they just random?

*I know UMAT scores are coming out soon, but I'm just curious to find out now.
Probably randomly selected? Who know's, well they didn't allocate it by alpha order so yeah maybe they did use a ranking system, but none-the-less you did get an interview. If transport is a major concern or inconvenience I would contact the faculty and ask if you can have ur interviews on the same day. But I presure your not from interstate?

jono1887

HSC
why dont griffith have different dates for interstate people, i think it is unreasonable that they ask ppl from NSW to fly up 2 days before final exams start...

moodchanger08

HSC
I'm from NSW, so it would definitely be more convenient if our interviews were on the same day. I've emailed them this morning, but they haven't replied back yet, I sort of thought they would've seen the email and replied today but they didn't.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
jono1887 said:
why dont griffith have different dates for interstate people, i think it is unreasonable that they ask ppl from NSW to fly up 2 days before final exams start...
Hmm, that does seem idiotic I thought they had interstate interviews in January like other medschools.

It is a clear disadvantage for interstates as they already have exams, etc to stress over.

jono1887

HSC
yeh, a friend of mine has her interview on the 16th, the same day as the Business Studies exam....what do they expect, would we really go to an interview over sitting the final exams??

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
jono1887 said:
yeh, a friend of mine has her interview on the 16th, the same day as the Business Studies exam....what do they expect, would we really go to an interview over sitting the final exams??
"Interviews for Medicine and Medical Science will be conducted between 6 - 20 October 2008 at Griffith University, Centre for Medicine and Oral Health.

Interviews for Dentistry and Oral Health will be conducted between 25 November - 12 December 2008 at Griffith University, Centre for Medicine and Oral Health."

Tell her to ring them up, all other universities give consideration to interstaters and their exams. This is just rediculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)