• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does the School Certificate and Trials even matter? (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
LynFay said:
Well Damn! Some idiot told me that they're worth 60% of your yearly report! :mad: I've been studing for the TRIAL school certificate and now i find out they're 15%. That's great.
this is honestly true its on the Assessment Schedule
trials are worth 15% thats it it may vary subject to subject or school to school but 60% noo wayy

But Science 15%
English 15%
Maths 15%

errr 60% i don't know who told you that if its worth 60% think about this your Half Yearly Reports are worth 40% of the work you have done in other words its like 2 assignments worth 20% each. so that mean if ur Trials are worth 60% Semester 2 all the tests and assignments are worth 0?
who ever told u that must have done it to hype you or made u hit the books hard get that idiot back!!!

HSC
TBK11 said:
well your Trials go to your yearly report for our school Trials are worth 15%
not even worth my time looking at that considering you get assignments that are worth 20% for some subjects.
Trials is just a 2hr test like how an Examination would be done nothing special bout it i reckon waste of time we should just do it in school with normal time limit of 1 Period not this bullshit of 2hrs sitting in a hall.

as for sc id say if ur going to y12 and are 100% u wont drop then its not as important as HSC dont worry about it as most people in yr10 will more than likely get a Band 5+ thats how easy it is i reckon

Nothing to worry about unless your considering dropping out in yr10
trials are worth up to 40% for my school in some subjects :p

TBK11

HSC
speedofsound said:
Our Science yearly is worth 65% :S
65% my gosh so that means 35% has been crammed into 3-4 assignments and maybe 2 tests? ouch how does that work 5% for a test lol

speedofsound

HSC
TBK11 said:
65% my gosh so that means 35% has been crammed into 3-4 assignments and maybe 2 tests? ouch how does that work 5% for a test lol
Absolutely no clue. Our SRP is around 30% or so... no idea how they work it all out.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
It matters in the sense of you have to complete it so that you receive your SC but apart from that no.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Our yearlies/trials are worth about 20%-50% of our school report. Which is why I'm studying...my parents will go all lecture-mode on me if I get under average for anything. As for the SC itself...well. :rolleyes: I looked at one of the questions in one of the past papers for Computing Skills - "Where will the cursor be on the screen when you move your mouse to the right?"

AnandDNA

HSC
Lol nah it isnt important if your going to do the HSC but some schools i think look at these marks in order to place students into extension classes and accelerated classes. And like i dnt even remember where my certificate is now :(

speedofsound

HSC
suzlee said:
That's insane!! :eek: Why the hell did they do that?
lol no idea. Everyone complains about it every single year. Even our year advisor does.

LynFay

HSC
this is honestly true its on the Assessment Schedule
trials are worth 15% thats it it may vary subject to subject or school to school but 60% noo wayy

But Science 15%
English 15%
Maths 15%

errr 60% i don't know who told you that if its worth 60% think about this your Half Yearly Reports are worth 40% of the work you have done in other words its like 2 assignments worth 20% each. so that mean if ur Trials are worth 60% Semester 2 all the tests and assignments are worth 0?
who ever told u that must have done it to hype you or made u hit the books hard get that idiot back!!!
Don't worry my friend. I already did... :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)