does the timetable for exams differ alot year to year? (1 Viewer)

HSC
just wondering if 2022's hsc timetable will vary alot from 2021 and years before. havent checked the similarities between 2021 and 2020 cause cbbs soz :<

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Most English HSC exams, including English Standard, English Advanced, English as an Additional Language or Dialect and English Studies take place on the first two days of the HSC exam period. This is something that does not change as these exams were sat on the first two days of consecutive HSC exam periods.

Most mathematics HSC exams typically take place at either the beginning or the end of the second week of the HSC exam period. This was the case of Mathematics Standard 1, Mathematics Standard 2, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 2, which were sat at the beginning of the second week of their respective exam period in both 2020 and 2021.

HSIE subjects appear to take place on similar dates each year. For instance, both the 2020 Economics HSC exam and the 2021 Economics HSC exam took place in the first week of their respective exam period. Other examples include the 2020 Business Studies HSC exam and the 2021 Business Studies HSC exam, both of which took place towards the beginning of the third week of their respective exam period.

HSC exams of science subjects, such as Physics and Chemistry, appear to take place on similar days. This was the case of the 2020 and 2021 HSC, where both the 2020 and 2021 Physics HSC exam in addition to both the 2020 and 2021 Chemistry HSC exam took place on the same day, being the last day of the third week for Physics and the first day of the fourth week for Chemistry. However, this does not seem to be the case of the HSC exams of other science subjects, such as Biology, with the 2020 Biology HSC exam taking place on the second week of its exam period and the 2021 Biology HSC exam taking place on the third week of its exam period.

Generally speaking, the HSC exams of language subjects and technology subjects tend to occur on different dates each year, with no apparent similarities or patterns that would be comparable to the HSC exams of some of the subjects outlined above. If you are taking a language and/or a technology subject, it would probably be safe to assume that it is likely that the date of your HSC exam(s) for that subject(s) will be different from the one that was completed by the previous year 12 cohort.

I hope this helps! :D

HSC
Most English HSC exams, including English Standard, English Advanced, English as an Additional Language or Dialect and English Studies take place on the first two days of the HSC exam period. This is something that does not change as these exams were sat on the first two days of consecutive HSC exam periods.

Most mathematics HSC exams typically take place at either the beginning or the end of the second week of the HSC exam period. This was the case of Mathematics Standard 1, Mathematics Standard 2, Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 2, which were sat at the beginning of the second week of their respective exam period in both 2020 and 2021.

HSIE subjects appear to take place on similar dates each year. For instance, both the 2020 Economics HSC exam and the 2021 Economics HSC exam took place in the first week of their respective exam period. Other examples include the 2020 Business Studies HSC exam and the 2021 Business Studies HSC exam, both of which took place towards the beginning of the third week of their respective exam period.

HSC exams of science subjects, such as Physics and Chemistry, appear to take place on similar days. This was the case of the 2020 and 2021 HSC, where both the 2020 and 2021 Physics HSC exam in addition to both the 2020 and 2021 Chemistry HSC exam took place on the same day, being the last day of the third week for Physics and the first day of the fourth week for Chemistry. However, this does not seem to be the case of the HSC exams of other science subjects, such as Biology, with the 2020 Biology HSC exam taking place on the second week of its exam period and the 2021 Biology HSC exam taking place on the third week of its exam period.

Generally speaking, the HSC exams of language subjects and technology subjects tend to occur on different dates each year, with no apparent similarities or patterns that would be comparable to the HSC exams of some of the subjects outlined above. If you are taking a language and/or a technology subject, it would probably be safe to assume that it is likely that the date of your HSC exam(s) for that subject(s) will be different from the one that was completed by the previous year 12 cohort.

I hope this helps! :D
thank youu

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Timetables are structured based on overlap of students taking the class. So typically the same subjects will fall on the same day as the major subjects. I believe they are spaced to optimize as many students not sitting the same subjects in subsequent days (excluding over weekends)

This is why minor subjects will differ. Languages generally tend to be the first week, and Music as well generally tends to fall on either the same as English or immediately after.

Unfortunately Jimmy is not correct entirely, as 2 years is not enough to indicate any trend. Analysis of the last years reveals the following:

English, Music & Languages
English is always the first 2 days of HSC. This is either a Monday (2014-2015, 2017), Tuesday (2020-2021) or Thursday (2016, 2018, 2019)
From 2015 onwards, Music always occurs on the same day as either English paper 1 or paper 2.

While Japanese Beginners will either be also on the same day as either English or Japanese Continuers/Extension.
Most obscure languages are early on, some being on the same day as English, others being 2-3 days afterwards.

I would presume subjects that require more time to mark are deliberately scheduled earlier.

Maths
The Maths, Maths Ext 2 and General Maths always falls about one week after English (day 5-8). The last 2 years it has been on the Monday after English.

Sciences
Biology is almost always first, and usually the day before or 2 days after the Maths exam. The exception being 2021.

Chemistry and Physics sometimes alternate in order. Generally Physics falls towards the end of the week. Generally there are about 2-3 days between them (counting weekends). The exception being 2014, where Chemistry was 4 days before Physics.

Social Sciences
Typically either Ancient or Modern falls around Day 4-6. Economics typically is either the day before or after, or are the other end of the timetable.

Other
Design & Technology and Drama usually fall on the last days of exams.

I'll post a more detailed analysis, but I don't believe there is any exact trend.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately Jimmy is not correct entirely, as 2 years is not enough to indicate any trend.
Note that I did not suggest that 2 years are sufficient to indicate a trend. I included and compared the 2020 and 2021 HSC exam dates of different subjects simply because the OP made reference to those 2 years.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Note that I did not suggest that 2 years are sufficient to indicate a trend. I included and compared the 2020 and 2021 HSC exam dates of different subjects simply because the OP made reference to those 2 years.
i stand corrected. but however to answer the OPs question, with the exception of Maths and English, as a general rule, minor subjects can change depending on how many students take it and what other subjects they take, while major subjects generally will occur around the same point in the exam period, but not necessarily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)