Does the UAC scale our internal marks? (1 Viewer)

SpiceTrader

HSC
Ok so say everyone in a class gets above their class average from the internal assessment, will our marks get scaled up by the UAC at all because we may have been tested or marked harder by our school?

enoilgam

HSC
Ok so say everyone in a class gets above their class average from the internal assessment, will our marks get scaled up by the UAC at all because we may have been tested or marked harder by our school?
The process of moderating internal marks is performed by the BOS. UAC only scales final marks in order to calculate your ATAR.

SpiceTrader

HSC
The process of moderating internal marks is performed by the BOS
Ahh alright, didn't know that. But either way, does the board of studies take the rest of my cohort into account, as in say the class average is 60 but in the actual HSC exam everyone gets like 60 or over? (Not saying that it'll happen but just curious)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ahh alright, didn't know that. But either way, does the board of studies take the rest of my cohort into account, as in say the class average is 60 but in the actual HSC exam everyone gets like 60 or over? (Not saying that it'll happen but just curious)
Be more specific with your question. What?

enoilgam

HSC

SpiceTrader

HSC
Be more specific with your question. What?
I mean as in, what if a class was marked too harshly in a school and then everyone smashes their school assessment marks in the HSC exams, will our internal marks be affected in any way? Mainly I'm asking because I've been getting a low-ish average in some classes this year and I was wondering if I could still turn it around with the final HSC exams

enoilgam

HSC
Yes, thats why the marks are moderated by BOS. As I tell most people who ask this question, for SOR I had a raw internal mark of 68 which scaled to a final internal mark of 88.

SpiceTrader

HSC
Yes, thats why the marks are moderated by BOS. As I tell most people who ask this question, for SOR I had a raw internal mark of 68 which scaled to a final internal mark of 88.
Ahh ok thanks heaps man! Helped a lot ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)