Does the university you go to really matter? (1 Viewer)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
omnidragon, :D pearshaker has a very good point, why do you come here? No one believes a word you say. You make such stupid posts that its hard to believe that your a day over 16, then try support for them being some dubious claim that you actually are experienced.

To be honest, I'm not particular concerned whether you are what you claim, I just find it fascinating how someone can keep shooting themselves in the foot so badly, its like watching someone try to skateboard and breaking his balls on a railing.

Most of us are students here, who are just trying to get by, but also have time our hands to discuss these things. Your apparently above this so stop hanging around giving students a hard time like some weird old guy in front of a school yard, its pathetic. I know you've heard this before, but go live your life dude.
I come here because hmm... let's see... my mornings at work are pretty slow and I like to amuse myself at how people like you react (eg your last post).

Try not to speak for everyone when you say no one believes a word you say. It's a bit like me saying everyone thinks you're a fukwit (which probably has more truth to it).

cocky

HSC
Law is a saturated field.

The pay is not that good. Job satisfaction is 0. You work long hours.

It is not very promising in the future as a career. Standard of living is only going to fall worldwide.

Be a doctor or something.

Otherwise stick with nursing. Much better IMO.

Existential

HSC
N/A
Law is a saturated field.

The pay is not that good. Job satisfaction is 0. You work long hours.

It is not very promising in the future as a career. Standard of living is only going to fall worldwide.

Be a doctor or something.

Otherwise stick with nursing. Much better IMO.
absolute BS.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
To an extent it does, that said reputation and prestige will only get you so far. Do your best, get into law at university and then work your arse off to get good marks, extra curriculars and work experience...it does pay off eventually, I never thought I'd be working where I am now but I guess eventually if you work for it you'll get your chance.

Times are changing, some firms care more than others. My workplace has stacks of MQ people some clerks, some grads...heaps of paralegals.

monstermunch

HSC
N/A
Well I have just been offered a place so as from mid July I shall be studying law externally :jump:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
You really are an idiot..
Ohhh fine.... I'll let you win the argument if you want it so much.

The uni you go to doesn't matter!! Please send your kids to Victoria University or University of Wollogong. I'm sure they'll all end up as High Court judges.

Edit: actually I should stop replying to hoax acounts. Grow some balls and talk to me with your real account

Last edited:

WannaBeLaw

HSC

The uni you go to doesn't matter!! Please send your kids to Victoria University or University of Wollogong. I'm sure they'll all end up as High Court judges.

Edit: actually I should stop replying to hoax acounts. Grow some balls and talk to me with your real account
Victoria University still has a high entrance standard.

HappyLawStudent

HSC

Omnidragon, are you scared of additional competition? I've just completed my degree at Victoria University, and I managed to secure a traineeship at a top tier firm, without having undertaken seasonal clerkships. If you work hard, get good marks and have legal experience, it doesn't matter what university you attend.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC

Omnidragon, are you scared of additional competition? I've just completed my degree at Victoria University, and I managed to secure a traineeship at a top tier firm, without having undertaken seasonal clerkships. If you work hard, get good marks and have legal experience, it doesn't matter what university you attend.
I don't think Omni is worried since you finished your HSC in 1998. That'd put you, mm, 5 years behind?

avant

HSC

i can only hope this nubcake got an LLB (hons) at melb otherwise he shouldn't be talking smack. He's probably working 50 hour weeks at some shitty firm anyway, judging from his arrogant demeanour. All the top tier grads I know are A) too busy to post bullshit on forums and B) above such trivialities anyway.
The uni you go to does matter but your marks matter more.

Don't ever admit that you go to a 'lesser' uni around melbourne university people. They get a kick out of it. The law school there is the most pretentious place on Earth.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
i can only hope this nubcake got an LLB (hons) at melb otherwise he shouldn't be talking smack. He's probably working 50 hour weeks at some shitty firm anyway, judging from his arrogant demeanour. All the top tier grads I know are A) too busy to post bullshit on forums and B) above such trivialities anyway.

Don't ever admit that you go to a 'lesser' uni around melbourne university people. They get a kick out of it. The law school there is the most pretentious place on Earth.
Oi, Frigid! Can you believe what this guy is saying about you? The nerve!

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

Lmao.

Law school is pretentious and the same people go on to top tiers. It's just as pretentious, so don't know where you get the idea of (B) from. You obviously know very few top tier grads and probably don't know them very well.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
does the house you live in matter??!!

would you like to live in a shithole??!!

would you like to study in a shithole??!!

lol, just had to get that out :p

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
No need to tell a bunch of kids anything Frigid, though I'm sure they'll be really successful in their top tier law firm jobs.

greatbloke

HSC
I come here because hmm... let's see... my mornings at work are pretty slow and I like to amuse myself
You the type of dude that gets up early in the morning, goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror, tries to jerk off while saying 'I am God' but breaks down in tears before he can finish?

Or are you just another unemployed boutique uni graduate who felt life has 'gone done him wrong'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)