Does this exist?? (1 Viewer)

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Im looking for a pda or phone with similar pda functions with a 3-5 megapixel camera? Does it exist?

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
any upcoming pdas with at least 3 megapixels?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Why 3-5 megapixels? How large are you planning to print?

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
just a bit bigger than a normal photograph.

gottalovegatti

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
just a bit bigger than a normal photograph.
get a proper camera...nothing that small uses built in cameras that are any good. Not for a decent photo anyway. Phone cameras and all that jazz suck.

Raginsheep

HSC
Yes there are but if you want that much quality, I'd want decent optical zoom as well.

Collin

HSC
N/A
gottalovegatti said:
get a proper camera...nothing that small uses built in cameras that are any good. Not for a decent photo anyway. Phone cameras and all that jazz suck.
Your point has merit in the manner that the OP intends to print larger than 'usual' (expected from a camera phone) - hence IQ issues are amplified.

But it's all about a matter of convenience. The fact that he pursues an all-in-one device should allow one to infer that he seeks a level of portability and convenience not necessarily offered by a discrete digital camera.

Secondly, you'd be amazed at improvements in IQ lately for camera phones. Not as good as digicam, but not that far off either.

I currently utilise about $10k worth of digital SLR camera equipment for my professional jobs, but there is no doubt for many situations, a camera phone may actually be more appropriate. For example, taking my $2,000 Canon 30D, $1,700 17-55 f/2.8 lens and $700 580EX external flash out on a Friday night certainly gets me razor-sharp shots of social subjects in absolutely dreadful ambience lighting, but I really would prefer not to. A camera phone is often far more appropriate.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Im thinking about the Nokia n95 when it comes out its got 5 megapixel pretty crazy for a smartphone.... but it anit no pda.

B35tY

HSC
It'll be here soon from what i hear. And while it's not a PDA, it's quite a capable smartphone, which should do most of the same things.

Collin

HSC
N/A
B35tY said:
It'll be here soon from what i hear. And while it's not a PDA, it's quite a capable smartphone, which should do most of the same things.
I disagree with that. PDA-centric functions concerned, there's often a BIG difference between a PDA and just a smartphone.

gurusson

HSC
the camera might exist but the thread may be a figment of ur imgination, think on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)