does this uni suck? (1 Viewer)

SpoonSamba

HSC
I was looking up places with theatre - y courses and this one has a theatre and dram program i cant relaly work out how i works, is it liek part of a BA?

and also the UAI entry is just so low... like uai of 50 at mildura for BA.Is this just because no one wants to go to mildura or is it just not very good?

Andi0390

HSC
Bundoora Campus is around 70 - so presume its just the location. Some uni's are like that, with a lower UAI entrance for less desireable locations. In theory UAI should not represent the quality of the course so much as the demand.

But I would like to know is La Trobe does suck. I was looking up the Melbourne Institutes Rankings and it didn't look as bad as I thought. I would like to go to a Melbourne Uni but Melbourne has gone strange lately, and Monash isn't open for second semester Arts.

Can anyone tell me about La Trobe? Location, feel etc? Does it suck?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I live in Mildura!! :O :O :O

Seriously, if I were you I wouldn't come here.

And try to get a better Uni if possible.

If you do decide La Trobe, don't go to Mildura.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck, this is nearly a year old. Why bump this shit?

conpanbear

HSC
I actually went to RMIT in the city for my first year. Hated it so much that I transferred to LTU.

La Trobe is much better (in my opinion); it has a more relaxed atmosphere than RMIT. I would say La Trobe has a touch of social-conscience/left-wing flavour, and it seems like people actually care.

It also worked out better for me, because I live relatively close to the Bundoora campus :p

I don't think they have a lot in the way of theatre/performing arts (off the top of my head) - lots of science, law, humanities, and the such. You can browse courses by clicking the link: A-Z local Course list - CourseFinder - La Trobe University

EDIT: Someone's gotta represent, yo!!:wave:

Last edited:

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I live in Mildura!! :O :O :O

Seriously, if I were you I wouldn't come here.

And try to get a better Uni if possible.

If you do decide La Trobe, don't go to Mildura.

Edit: Wait, what the fuck, this is nearly a year old. Why bump this shit?
La Trobe in Mildura is great.

You cannot comment without experience.

malilz

HSC
La Trobe really isn't that bad . The lecturers are nice, and it's got a really relaxed atmosphere . The residences for students living on campus though could be a lot better .

m0nica

HSC
I actually went to RMIT in the city for my first year. Hated it so much that I transferred to LTU.

La Trobe is much better (in my opinion); it has a more relaxed atmosphere than RMIT. I would say La Trobe has a touch of social-conscience/left-wing flavour, and it seems like people actually care.

It also worked out better for me, because I live relatively close to the Bundoora campus :p

I don't think they have a lot in the way of theatre/performing arts (off the top of my head) - lots of science, law, humanities, and the such. You can browse courses by clicking the link: A-Z local Course list - CourseFinder - La Trobe University

EDIT: Someone's gotta represent, yo!!:wave:

I was thinking of going to RMIT city next year... what did you not like about it??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)