• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Does UNSW have safe lockers? (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
lol never seen a loud laptop keyboard before. :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
My most memorable COMP1721 lecture was when I sat at the back playing GTA Vice City when andrewt talked about binary numbers......ahh....that was my best lecture.
Haha! I was so prepared to play MP warcraft 3..... damn that would have been fun ;) (until someone yells out YOU STOLE MY MINE! and the room goes quiet)

sunny

meh.
HSC
that depends.....some people watch dvds on laptops day in day out at uni, and thats all I've seen them do with laptops.

I do actually spend a great deal of time doing assignments and work on my laptop during breaks.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Yeah, some people actually use their laptops.

I type up notes in certain lectures (obviously not maths ones). It's good for working on assignments in breaks. It's not really that useful for tutorials.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
that depends.....some people watch dvds on laptops day in day out at uni, and thats all I've seen them do with laptops.

I do actually spend a great deal of time doing assignments and work on my laptop during breaks.
Originally posted by anti
Yeah, some people actually use their laptops.

I type up notes in certain lectures (obviously not maths ones). It's good for working on assignments in breaks. It's not really that useful for tutorials.
But you could just use a CSE computer (if you can find one). I'm sure USyd has a similar COMP lab setup ...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
But you could just use a CSE computer (if you can find one). I'm sure USyd has a similar COMP lab setup ...
yeah, i think thats what i'm gonna b doing - using the uni. computers- can't afford a laptop. :eek:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
True, but there's something so annoying about trying to find a free computer esp towards end of session :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
And you can't eat and drink where you please!!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
they've been known to kick people out for HAVING a bottle of water next to the computer... not even consuming it.. so. :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
they've been known to kick people out for HAVING a bottle of water next to the computer... not even consuming it.. so. :)
well i think i'll just try the system out- and if i don't get caught- then i'll keep doing it. :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
True, but there's something so annoying about trying to find a free computer esp towards end of session :)
Use up all your tokens booking spots then ...

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Use up all your tokens booking spots then ...
I don't need to - I usually look for a computer when I haven't brought my laptop to uni and I just want to surf, not do any work..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)