Does usyd have midyear internal deg transfers? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I'm currently doing bach of eco and soc sciences. I want to transfer into bachelor of commerce (liberal studies). I was wondering if I could do this mid-year if I get a high enough average.
I didn't want to post this in the transfers general tertiary forum as this is usyd specific.
Cheers

hello99999

HSC
You probably can't, but can't you do the same subjects in 2nd sem anyway that you would do in com lib studies? I'd just do that, transfer next year and it shouldn't make much difference.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the thing is, i wouldnt like to do psychology unless I know that I'll get a transfer for sure. I would like to do it in second semester (PSYC1002). If i dont get accepted for the transfer then itd be pointless and it will stuff up my current degree structure, as I want to do a lot of marketing in my 3 year degree.
I've only got a 92.75UAI, so don't know how easy it'll be to xfer.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i just basically really want another year at uni :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
exams arouse me. so does professor michael jackson.

Generator

HSC
N/A
http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/upgrades/

Undergraduate Transfers

Rules and regulations relating to undergraduate transfer from one award course to another

1. Students who transfer to a new award course must complete at least two semesters in that award course. As such transfers will only be approved if a student has at least one year of full time study remaining to complete the requirements of the award course to which they are transferring.

2. Combined degree students are able to apply to transfer in the middle of the year. Combined law students are permitted to transfer within the combined law award course or may ‘downgrade’ to a single award course. All other combined degree students are only permitted to ‘downgrade’ to a single award course.

3. Students should note that the fees they are liable for may change as a result of a transfer. International students should consult the International Office to determine the impact of this on tuition fees.

4. Applications received after the closing dates listed on the application form will be considered for the following semester. For closing dates please check the "Important Dates" page on this website.

5. Undergraduate students wishing to transfer from an award course in another faculty of the University, or from another institution, need to apply for admission as new students. It is not possible to transfer directly from one faculty to another. Local students need to apply through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) and International Students should contact the International Office.
I think that all students attempting to transfer from one degree to another within your faculty must now go through UAC... Just contact the faculty office.

bobin

Usyd do have semester 2 admissions, however they are only for full-fee places (except for advanced science - from memory)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well I know that I'm able to change engineering streams if I have a D average at the end of this semester...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)