Does UWS give out student diary planners? (1 Viewer)

Optophobia

HSC
did you have an academic advising session?

ouch @ having to travel from Hornsby to Bankstown ..

kc-ok-la

HSC
nope

oh man

am i in trouble?

i might be moving to city/surry hills in a month or two depending on how i find travel!

Jacks

HSC
I travelled from Hornsby to East Hills to get to Bankstown Campus haha...the travel won't kill you, just force you to do some work on the train maybe ;)

About dairies though...I never got one in my 3 years at bankstown campus, so don't hold your breath for one. I found some campuses gave them out while others didn't, and when they did the large majority of people didn't get one. I just buy my own these days, but be on the lookout, they'll probably give them out first week as well.

Jacks

HSC
It depended on how long I needed to wait for trains and stuff like that, but on average between 2-2.5 hours...less if you get express trains of course. From Hornsby actual you can get a lot of express trains, but I usually got on the train a few stops away. It's a little less if you change at Stathfield and go to Bankstown, but I preferred going to East Hills station.

I've just finished my undergraduate degree at Bankstown though and will be going to Kingswood from now on.

Optophobia

HSC
I got mine when i went to the advising session at penrith campus.

Edit: But i haven't really used it. It's only good for checking dates, next to each entry it has a "make sure you do x today" reminder. I haven't really written anything in it.

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Optophobia said:
I got mine when i went to the advising session at penrith campus.

Edit: But i haven't really used it. It's only good for checking dates, next to each entry it has a "make sure you do x today" reminder. I haven't really written anything in it.
Likewise. I don't know where mine is anymore. Probably right at the bottom of my pile of Uni related crap.

purplemonkey

HSC
There will be a stall type thing where you can sign up to UWSSA (UWS Student Association - which is free) and they'll give you a calico type bag n that will ahve a diary n wall planner n other stuff in it. I dunno if theyre still doing Student Association with the VSU??

L

LaraB

purplemonkey said:
There will be a stall type thing where you can sign up to UWSSA (UWS Student Association - which is free) and they'll give you a calico type bag n that will ahve a diary n wall planner n other stuff in it. I dunno if theyre still doing Student Association with the VSU??
Why wouldn't they stillh ave the student association because of VSU?...

Signing up to UWSSA was free last year because there wasn't VSU so they were getting money from our fees and stuff so don't be surprised if you have to pay for membership to get teh dary etc...

saredi87

HSC
Hi - just to clarify, from what I heard from orientation assistant training on thursday, all 1st year students (undergrads and postgrads) will receive a free UWS diary as part of the updated orientation package. All other students will have to pay for theirs at cost price (however, the price wasn't actually mentioned) from the UWSSA.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Weird, I only got one the first year I was at UWS .. then nothing afterwards.

B Policing is a kickarse degree. I graduated from it in April last year :)

purplemonkey

HSC
LaraB said:
Why wouldn't they stillh ave the student association because of VSU?.....
I dont know anything, nor do I give a shit about VSU...I was just saying that I didnt know anything about it so I didnt give anybody the wrong info about free diaries :p

s1mplykat

HSC
haha, oh okay, thanks for all the replies guys..

i just wanted to know cus i was going to buy one from the newsagent the other day, considering i relied heavily on my highschool diary to remind me of everything. but i thought the uni would give us a one, but i didnt at my advisory day (Penrith campus) so i decided to wait and see if i do get one on orientation/1st week uni.

Optophobia vbmenu_register("postmenu_2752492", true);, my advisory day was at Penrith campus also, which course are you doing?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
christ_ine said:
B Policing is a kickarse degree. I graduated from it in April last year :)
So it's worth sitting through all the crap subjects in the first year?

Optophobia

HSC
SiZmOs said:
Likewise. I don't know where mine is anymore. Probably right at the bottom of my pile of Uni related crap.
Underneath my window i have a wooden box. Everything i got from school from year 8 onwards is kept on top of this box. There are year 8/9/10/11/12 text books, HEAPS of A4 paper, folders, old assignments, photocopies, university guides, booklets etc.

Mines *somewhere* in there.

When i say that there is something alive in that pile, i'm not joking either. Sometimes i hear something scratching around in it. I get scared, then i pick up a tissue box, chuck it at the huge pile and what ever it is shuts up and stops rummaging around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)