Does your co-hort or class affect your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

ckcalvin

HSC
I do modern history and basiccally i am the only one in the class of 15 that actually that does work, the rest are bludgers and just complete fools.
I come first all the time and duxed yr 11 for modern history.

I hear from people that the people in your school affect your ultimate Atar.. Will it affect my mark even if i come first? Theres not much more i can do.. I really dont want to drop this subject just bfore hsc because of this and i really do like this subject. i go to a really bad school i know.!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I do modern history and basiccally i am the only one in the class of 15 that actually that does work, the rest are bludgers and just complete fools.

I hear from people that the people in your school affect your ultimate Atar.. Will it affect my mark even if i come first? Theres not much more i can do.. I really dont want to drop this subject just bfore hsc because of this and i really do like this subject. i go to a really bad school i know.!

if your overall assessment rank after ur trial still ends up being first, ur all sweet.. u get the top exam mark as ur assessment mark

if not... well then, ur screwed lol
so make sure u get that top rank!

ohh but in year 11, it doesnt matter, coz ur year 11 marks have no effect whatsoeva on ur year 12 marks :)

Last edited:

Top Secret

HSC

No it will not. Since you are coming internally first in modern, your school assessment mark (constituting 50% of your final HSC mark) will be the top HSC exam mark that your cohort achieves. Since it is likely that you will achieve the top HSC exam mark, that will translate into your school assessment mark, and will remain as your HSC exam mark. In other words, your final HSC mark will be what you get in the HSC exam (as long you maintain your first rank).

Note: I don't know about your other subject rankings, so I cannot say whether your cohort will affect your ATAR...

Oh and by the way, do you do accelerated modern history?

ckcalvin

HSC
No it will not. Since you are coming internally first in modern, your school assessment mark (constituting 50% of your final HSC mark) will be the top HSC exam mark that your cohort achieves. Since it is likely that you will achieve the top HSC exam mark, that will translate into your school assessment mark, and will remain as your HSC exam mark. In other words, your final HSC mark will be what you get in the HSC exam (as long you maintain your first rank).

Note: I don't know about your other subject rankings, so I cannot say whether your cohort will affect your ATAR...

Oh and by the way, do you do accelerated modern history?
nah im in yr 12 btw my year is wrong

Scinery

HSC
I also want to know..

im coming like 12th out of 14 in my history extension class, but the ranks are all bunched up.

Does my mark scale according to how my school's HISTORY EXTENSION class does in the HISTORY EXTENSION HSC exam, or according to how my SCHOOL ranks in the OVERALL hsc.

I'm asking because apparently Our hex class does better overall than our school's hex classes in the past.

Top Secret

HSC
I also want to know..

im coming like 12th out of 14 in my history extension class, but the ranks are all bunched up.

Does my mark scale according to how my school's HISTORY EXTENSION class does in the HISTORY EXTENSION HSC exam, or according to how my SCHOOL ranks in the OVERALL hsc.

I'm asking because apparently Our hex class does better overall than our school's hex classes in the past.
Your marks for History Extension will scale according to how your current cohort performs in the HSC exam.

Scinery

HSC
Your marks for History Extension will scale according to how your current cohort performs in the HSC exam.
haha the cohort of history extension students in the history extension exam or the cohort of the entire grade in the entire HSC?

sorry for my slowness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)