does your school give you presents? (2 Viewers)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
Our dux gets $500...
Exactly, No fair.... All I got for Dux was a certificate, a medal, a $40 gift book giftvoucher and this is the best bit, a Maccas award, at least it was free lunch.

2late

Our school "gave" us a mug with the whole everyones' names on it and a pen with the school symbol on it...

"Gave" in this context is that we unknowingly paid for our presents when we paid for all our formal stuff, then they "gave" us the presents which WE paid for ourselves on graduation...
Stupid tight-ass school....

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
my school has the tradition of giving out sheeps (no... not real ones... altho there are plenty down at the farm :p) to yr 12s, and us being the 2003 ruse graduates are no exception... funny thing is the sheeps were packaged in bags with everyone's names, except we all got other ppl's sheeps on graduation assemly :rolleyes: of course we all swapped afterwards.... hmm, and the amusing thing was i had the sheep of the guy who had my sheep?! what coincidence... :D
I think they got a whole warehouse full of toy sheeps enough too last for decades to come... LOL
and the tag on my one is falling off already.... hmm

Last edited:

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
haha... you actually remember
I suppose you'll probably hear it again next yr :p
if you are still around that is

fanona

Originally posted by Ashleet
We didnt get anything, but i really wouldnt trust our school. But then again our formal final assembly was on the school basketball courts because yr 10 had exams in the hall.

hehehehe im glad i missed it it sounds like it sucked big time BUT whats new!!!! i think we have been the only year that hasnr had a "Formal assembly" cos every other year year 9 10 and sometimes year 11 have to go but we got ripped!!!!!! hey do you think it might have somthing to do with getting the lowest trial marks in the school history???:confused:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
Our dux gets $500...

Everyone else... well they get a handshake...
Damn! I wish Dux at our school got that kind of money.

At our school we are getting a camp quality coffee cup with our school emblem on it because camp quality was the charity that yr 12 supported at my school this year.

Kit

We got keyrings and great friendships for life and caring teachers.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Kit
We got keyrings and great friendships for life and caring teachers.

Wouldn't you have gotten that at the beginning of the year not the final assembly....its a bit late to have caring teachers and good friends by then...

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
we got a little banner type thing

just said MGHS yr 12 2003 with the school emblem. on navy material printed in silver.....nice keep sake

parko :D

a2z

HSC
N/A
Apart from the amazing friendships and experiences, not to mention the education, we got a keyring with the school crest on it in final assembly, and a gold brooch made up of the elements of the school crest at the valedictory dinner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)