Does your school have this rule? (2 Viewers)

Twickel

HSC
Say you have an assignment, you have finished your assignment. Say its in chemistry ( any subject doesnt matter). Your school has more then one chemistry teacher, if you want another teacher ( not your teacher) to proof read that assignment or ask them for help is that ok?

I couldnt. BS.

forkyspoony18

HSC
Twickel said:
Say you have an assignment, you have finished your assignment. Say its in chemistry ( any subject doesnt matter). Your school has more then one chemistry teacher, if you want another teacher ( not your teacher) to proof read that assignment or ask them for help is that ok?

I couldnt. BS.
Thats crap! I get my Chemistry teacher (who is the head science teacher) to check my biology work all the time. Same goes in english too, except I don't use the head teacher.

That sucks for you. What are you supposed to do if your teacher was away when you needed them to check the assignment???

Twickel

HSC
Thats it I dont care tomorrow im going to give my physics assignment to the other physics teacher to proof read it, wheter my physics teacher is happy or not who cares.

Teachers are there to help, not for decoration. BS rule.

forkyspoony18

HSC
So your physics teacher doesn't want you to check it with other teachers? Or is that's your schools rule that applies to every subject?

michael1990

HSC
Twickel said:

I couldnt. BS.
Theres no rule like that.

I would fight it if there was.
Go to your Deputy Principal and tell him/her its unacceptable, you're trying to make your assignment the best possible.

Twickel

HSC
I will, WHY DO MY PARENTS PAY SCHOOL FEES? I asked a year 12 teacher I said ill bring it tomorrow can you check it, he says yes, next day Im about to give it he goes I cant because thats what my teacher said ( against rules). Tomorrow if she says anything ill go to the principal himself. What can I do if I do not want my current physics teacher to be my teacher next year ( BTW shes the curriculum co-ordinator).

michael1990

HSC
Twickel said:
I will, WHY DO MY PARENTS PAY SCHOOL FEES? I asked a year 12 teacher I said ill bring it tomorrow can you check it, he says yes, next day Im about to give it he goes I cant because thats what my teacher said ( against rules). Tomorrow if she says anything ill go to the principal himself. What can I do if I do not want my current physics teacher to be my teacher next year ( BTW shes the curriculum co-ordinator).
You cannot do anything.

Teachers will teach.
You cannot decide who is your teacher for any subject.
The only things you can do is either:
  • (if multiple classes) speak to the head teacher and try and get a transfer as you don't get along with a certain teacher.
  • Drop the subject and not use it towards the HSC.
Students cannot dictate what teacher teaches what subject.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Does your school have this rule?

Which is what he wants because he wants them to proof read it...

We have a rule like this in our school - if you do an assignment (for example english) you are not allowed to give the teacher a written draft thats relevant to the essay question, this gives you an advantage and basically isn't your own work/improvement.

Any random essay is fine however

Twickel

HSC
No, I want him to read it and get a rough estimate mark, I do not want him to suggest any improvements. You know whats Ironinc my teacher can help, suggest improvements et.c Does that not give me an advangatge anyway? I thought that was weird.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Does your school have this rule?

Twickel said:
No, I want him to read it and get a rough estimate mark, I do not want him to suggest any improvements. You know whats Ironinc my teacher can help, suggest improvements et.c Does that not give me an advangatge anyway? I thought that was weird.
Did you outline that to him? You just want a rough estimate?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: Does your school have this rule?

Him giving you an estimate mark does give you an advantage.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
a similar saga happened at my school. what it ended up comming down to was that students were effectivly getting two picks at the cherry. what i mean is that they basically got it marked, then changed it and submitted it for the final submission. The thing that made this a problem was that because we had 3 chem classes, with 3 diferent teachers, one of the teachers refused to do this because he thought it would be unfair to everyone else, however the other teachers allowed this to some extent (i don't think they actually marked it though). This just showed poor collaboration of the teachers and poor leadership by the head teacher/coordinator.

At the end of the day, the school is allowed to make up its own policies on the matter, and even though you may not think they are fair there is not to much you can do about it.

Although personally I think that any teacher should be allowed to read though and make suggestions, but I don't think they should pre-mark it. But this leaves another problem that if each question is marked independently, what one teacher things would be correct, another may not, so then whoever got their work checked by the marking teacher may have an advantage.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
theshortykatt said:
however if its another teacher, they might give you a higher mark to your final mark, and you might go and complain to your teacher.
+1

Twickel

HSC
Thats it im changing schools. THATS BS. Im paying the money for a reason.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
You're paying? Surely you mean your parents. Anyway, it would be kind of risky not to mention rash to be considering of changing schools for something like this...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
Find a school where they'll let teachers give you a 'mark' before the actual exam. Find a school where you don't have to pay. Contrary to popular belief, 'public' school education isn't exactly 'free'. I know that my school for one charges $1000 a year, however, my school is sorta on the high end when it comes to public schools' fees. Good luck finding one.

undalay

HSC
Stop bitching.

It does give you an advantage. If it gave you no advantage, why would you want it done in the first place?

I was talking to another teacher out of lesson hours to help me perfect my coleridge essay.
He said he could not help me much at all, because it was an assessment.
It wasn't even a hand in task, but he said he just couldn't help me because it was against the rules or some crap.
He said he could look at past assessment tasks though.

Garygaz

HSC
undalay said:
Stop bitching.

It does give you an advantage. If it gave you no advantage, why would you want it done in the first place?

I was talking to another teacher out of lesson hours to help me perfect my coleridge essay.
He said he could not help me much at all, because it was an assessment.
It wasn't even a hand in task, but he said he just couldn't help me because it was against the rules or some crap.
He said he could look at past assessment tasks though.
/signed

Are you people serious? You want your assessments to be pre-marked/checked and given suggestions? That defeats the whole purpose of an assessment. An assessment is supposed to determine your ability/effort to someone elses. A teacher checking your work effectively gives you an unfair advantage over someone else and hence does not determine who is really better at the topic/subject.

Sure, you pay your school fees, but how much do you want to be spoon fed through assessments. When you leave school and get a job, you don't constantly go to your supervisor and say 'Can you check this for me?' Be independant, don't go through your schooling life being force fed how to make an assessment and make yourself redundant in the workplace.

Garygaz

HSC
Twickel said:
AKA you're paying money to be spoon-fed through your HSC. Welcome to the real world, it's a scary place where everyone has an equal chance at getting their best mark possible :jaw:

Scary, I know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)