Does your school have this rule? (1 Viewer)

selablad

HSC
Our school has that rule, you are allowed to have your own teacher read through a draft and make suggestions (but not give you a rough mark) but not any other teacher. I gathered from somewhere that it was something to do with reducing the teachers' workloads (having to read through students' work from outside their own classes or something). In fact, they strongly encourage you to do it (with your teacher) and most people do.

I don't, pretty much for the same reasons that Garygaz above me outlined. An assessment is to show your own work, not your teacher's.

rochelleee

HSC
Twickel said:
Say you have an assignment, you have finished your assignment. Say its in chemistry ( any subject doesnt matter). Your school has more then one chemistry teacher, if you want another teacher ( not your teacher) to proof read that assignment or ask them for help is that ok?

I couldnt. BS.
we can def. ask for help -from any of the teachers.

but getting them to proof-read it doesnt sound fair for me for any of the science/maths subjects bcoz they pretty much tell you how to do it. we're always told to do take-home assesments entirely byt ourselves cos we have the teacher's 'trust' lol.

uhm english and history is an exception though..

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Twickel said:
Thats it im changing schools. THATS BS. Im paying the money for a reason.
I find your signature very lolronic in this situation.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
i dont really understand what he means by questioning the quote.

however, i just got my marks back and i got 16/20 and my teacher told me that i got mark down probably because "your in my class". And apparently history goes in my school theres a disupute between the english teachers everyone bitches about each other except mine. But meh...

eg. i got 17 from my teacher and she gave me 16 which was ok...1 mark down not 2 bad but then i read this other guys paper...it was so shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt he got 17 and i was LIke WTF and my teacher gave it 13. which in my perspective was way 2 high.
Anyways thats all i got 2 say

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
lol we can hand it to whatever teacher we want, if you hand them enough draft copies they basically do the assignment for you at our school.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
yeah we can hand in drafts to our teachers (well our english teacher lets us). He will never give any indication of the mark though, just suggests sections that could use more work, and tells you if your on the right track so hes not that specific. and I don't think it is giving an unfair advantage because everyone has that opportunity just alot of people (like me) are slack and usually don't have time to do it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Caitlin63 said:
yeah we can hand in drafts to our teachers (well our english teacher lets us). He will never give any indication of the mark though, just suggests sections that could use more work, and tells you if your on the right track so hes not that specific. and I don't think it is giving an unfair advantage because everyone has that opportunity just alot of people (like me) are slack and usually don't have time to do it.
I don't think your situation is an unfair advantage, either.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
This is one of the main reasons my English/History teachers never give us pre-seen questions as assessment tasks or exams. (That and its stupid.)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
nup we can't. cos if it's an assessment task then they're not allowed to. but if it's just something you want to give them to read it's always ok. they like it!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i can certainly see their logic behind this, and you'll understand when you go to uni.

to put it simply, the teachers/ markers have to make sure it is fair for everyone involved. if one of them proof read yours and makes adjustments to it, it'd only be fair for everyone else if he/she proof read theirs as well. if your grade has, let'say 180 students, that means he will have to read 180 scripts and make comments and get them back to you. then when it is due, he will read the same thing again for 180 people and grade them. teachers don't get paid enough to do that.

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with mel21.

Perhaps all teachers do their marking, and the head teacher checks every one for fairness?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)