doing 10 units?? (1 Viewer)

k150764

HSC
i dropped chemistry because i failed my exams and i hate chemistry

so i'm doing 10 units for yr 12

My teacher said doing 10 units is a disadvantage??

she also said MOST people who are doing 10 units won't
get above 90>UAI

is this true???

shell.q

HSC
Dont listen, in a way yes it is a disadvantage becuase u are going into the course with only ten units if u bumm one subject u cant pick up the extra subject and they dont score u on the one u bummed but thing is. my brother only did 10units he got uai of 97

there really isnt a disadvantage if you have dropped it but are commpenant that yopu will succede in your other subjects

hairspray

HSC
Well my teacher's jaws dropped when my friend told him that she was going to do 11units. He told her that people who does 12-13 units usually gets good UAIs... BUT! saying so, if u're acing all your other subject as in getting 90+ you have nothing to worry about !

PeaceDrummer

HSC
I want to do 10 units.

The school ain't letting me, well, they would. But I HAVE to convince them why i should be allowed.

They told me they don't want to be responsible for me if I fail. But I argued that it's all really about the school's image and I quoted the teacher by saying "Life goes on after the HSC".

e-star!09

HSC
your not really at disadvantage. more like in a dangerous position. because if you screw up a subject, then it still counts toward your UAI. but i reckon if your 10units doesn't include extentions, then you should be fine. if your the type that never fails in a subject, then you're pretty safe.
your teacher is somewhat right when she says that people who do only 10units never get above 90... it's supposed to be that people who do only 10units never get 100UAI. well, not yet. you could be the first xP

lishajohannah

HSC
its not a disadvantage.
however,
when your uai is calculated, if you do more than 10 units, only the ten units are counted.
so if you do badly in one subject, it wont count.
whereas if you like me, and have 10 units only, if i get a low mark in one, it will count towards my uai.
i suggest keeping the subject for at least one term of year twelve, if not two, it sounds weird but year 12 is different from year 11, your treated differently and what you learn is different.
you might find you do better in year 12, or you dont like a subject that you used to like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)