Doing 2 subjects on the same line...advice (1 Viewer)

Rachael325

HSC
Im in year 11 and at the moment i do french and pdh on the same line. This means i only go to half of the classes for each, but i do have one free period a day when im sposed to catch up the work i missed that lesson.
At the moment its going ok. I came 1st in PE and 3rd in french at the half year. But im just wondering what ppl think bout next year. Do u reckon i'd still be able to cope only going to half the classes? Particulary ppl that do pe or french let me know what u think. cheers

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
dont you have to like complete a certain number of hours for each subject?
i dont know any schools that allow you to do 2 subjects on the same line.. thats really strange
french might be ok if you do it as a continuers course.. i do croatian and i never really have to study for things.. but with pe i think thats pretty similar to cafs with alot of content to know.. and id be pretty screwed if i didnt go to half my cafs lessons

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah thast weird .. i didnt know schools permitted it! ( i wish mine did as i had major clashes)

about the " you have to go to a certain amount of classes" or attendance rate ^^^ you can get around that. i started one of my rpelim subjects during term 2 so i missed like 40% of the course, but it is all good ( they only care if u are absent from like jigging and stuff)

rachael - i dont do those subs, but i think you yourself will have to think about it and come to a conclusion. are u coping really well at the moment? get some year 12 texts and flick through to see whether the course gets much harder and talk to your clasrooms teachers and the teacher that is allowing you 2 do 2 subs at the same time, to get and indication on what they think

*alisa*

Rachael325

HSC
yeh i dunno i just had to like 'prove' to the deputy that i was gunna work hard and stuff and he was like yeh ok. i dont know about having to do a certain number of hours... no ones ever said anything so i think im sweet.

i was thinking bout doing extention french next yr as well so i figure that'll help with continuers.....plus pe i can basically work from the text book. plus my pe teachers pretty cool and always willing to help.

im just hoping that next yr it doesnt get waay to much. Specially cause im only gunna be doing 10 maybe 11 units...so if its not working out too bad i have to stick with it...ahh the delemmas haha thanks for ur thoughts anyway

btw whats cafs?

Rachael325

HSC
yeh i dunno i just had to like 'prove' to the deputy that i was gunna work hard and stuff and he was like yeh ok. i dont know about having to do a certain number of hours... no ones ever said anything so i think im sweet.

i was thinking bout doing extention french next yr as well so i figure that'll help with continuers.....plus pe i can basically work from the text book. plus my pe teachers pretty cool and always willing to help.

im just hoping that next yr it doesnt get waay to much. Specially cause im only gunna be doing 10 maybe 11 units...so if its not working out too bad i have to stick with it...ahh the delemmas haha thanks for ur thoughts anyway

btw whats cafs?

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well i noe a couple of yr 11's at my skool is doing 2 subjects on what may be the same line, however they can't do it at the same time, instead they get to do it via other skools where work gets sent to them, i 4got wat it was called. i reckon its gonna b hectic in yr 12 if u continue to miss out on half a lesson each

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
php is a course you can sit down in one night and teach yourself.
its very text book.
i teach it to myself before every assesment
your prob better off going to french classes

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i hope it works out... and not to undermine ur problem or the importance of these subjects, but i think part of the reason why ur teahcer let u do that is cuz pdhpe and french are not as hard as some other combinations such as ancient greek and extension latin.... which my friends had to do even if it was on the same line.

and as for the *minimum hours* standard.... a lot of skoools get away wiht it, and bos knows abt it as well.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
well this is interesting to me, seeing that i had to drop 3U maths coz of the line clashes last yr, but like some ppl have said, focus on french and LEARN THOSE VOWELS! :p

onigiri

HSC
Thats exactly the same thing with my friend. Shes doing 2 subjects on the same line, Modern History & religion. Originally she didn't really wanna do religion but she had no choice. She didn't actually end up going to half the classes of each subject. She went to religion & at lunchtime/after school she would collect work from the mod hist teacher. I thought it was amazing becos she ended up getting 1st in religion & 2nd in mod hist, even tho she never turned up for a single class! my friend doesn't find a prob with it and shes ok to continue through to yr12 the way it is now.

I think tho, you should arrange something with your teachers and also with the subject coordinator. or like you said, with pe you could just work from the textbook, similar to what my friend did for mod hist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)