• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Doing a text your teachers don't teach (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
Would I be silly to do a Mod C text that my teachers are not prescribing? I really love Politics and the English Language by Orwell, and I have a piece that I wrote that (not purposefully) alligns with that text a lot more. We only spent a week on each module C text anyway, so its not like im throwing away a lot of time spent in class. I feel like I'm better at talking about those ideas (mainly because they link with Extension 1 English).

Any thoughts?

liamkk112

HSC
Would I be silly to do a Mod C text that my teachers are not prescribing? I really love Politics and the English Language by Orwell, and I have a piece that I wrote that (not purposefully) alligns with that text a lot more. We only spent a week on each module C text anyway, so its not like im throwing away a lot of time spent in class. I feel like I'm better at talking about those ideas (mainly because they link with Extension 1 English).

Any thoughts?
you can in externals, wouldn't be a good idea for internals. but if you're going through the effort of learning a text for internals like trials and all you're probably better off using that text in hsc as well, otherwise you're doubling up the time, but if you think it's gonna work better then go for it ig

aqwerty13402

HSC
you can in externals, wouldn't be a good idea for internals. but if you're going through the effort of learning a text for internals like trials and all you're probably better off using that text in hsc as well, otherwise you're doubling up the time, but if you think it's gonna work better then go for it ig
hmmmmm ok thank u thank u

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC

Any thoughts?
i agree with what liam said but if you know that text inside out then you are able to do so for internals. this question actually came up when i did the hsc last year in my school, pretty sure someone asked the english faculty if they could do nam le's text instead of the 3 module c texts we did and the english faculty said yes and they would just mark it normally (like in the hsc where markers wouldn't know every single mod c text), pretty sure there were a decent chunk of people who picked another mod c text outside of what we did even though the teachers gave us a ton of resources and spent a long time on each text. i'd actually say go for it if you're confident enough, make sure to do your own research and see how other people integrated politics and the english language in their own reflections and mod c pieces [also, that's a really good choice, it's a really interesting text on its own]

liamkk112

HSC
i agree with what liam said but if you know that text inside out then you are able to do so for internals. this question actually came up when i did the hsc last year in my school, pretty sure someone asked the english faculty if they could do nam le's text instead of the 3 module c texts we did and the english faculty said yes and they would just mark it normally (like in the hsc where markers wouldn't know every single mod c text), pretty sure there were a decent chunk of people who picked another mod c text outside of what we did even though the teachers gave us a ton of resources and spent a long time on each text. i'd actually say go for it if you're confident enough, make sure to do your own research and see how other people integrated politics and the english language in their own reflections and mod c pieces [also, that's a really good choice, it's a really interesting text on its own]
our teachers said we couldn't so it's worth it to ask ur faculty

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Lol my teachers would be so offended theyd see it as a personal attack

aqwerty13402

HSC
ok i might ask them. THANKSSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)