Doing acct2542 (corp fin reporting) together with acct3583 (mgmt acct 2)? (1 Viewer)

Colourist

HSC
ACCT2542- Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis

&

ACCT3583- Management Accounting 2

Is it a good idea? or bad?

There seems to be groupwork in acct3583 and people say acct 2B is hard.

What makes 2B so hard?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
2B is hard because the accounting standards covered are complex...mainly business combinations/consolidation

I haven't done 3583, so I'm not sure what the work load is like.

haru

HSC
ACCT2542- Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis

&

ACCT3583- Management Accounting 2

Is it a good idea? or bad?
Yeah i wanna know too! , apparently last year's finals both subjects were held on the same day =/

Pace_T

HSC
i gunned most of my accounting major. its dead easy. except 2b loll. most people will say it was hard, too.

the only way i could pass that course was to memorise the journal entries - i didnt understand most of it. i think i got a cr or a dn for that course, but thats only cos our past exam was significantly dumbed down cos the lecturer in charge knew we were all going to fail if the exam was like the prior year, hahaha

3583 is no where near as hard. its like 2522 but just in more detail. its not as focused on application as 2b, its just remembering slides and stuff. what makes it difficult is their ridiculously shit marking style. it has to be a perfect answer to get an HD. also i remember doing my midsem for it last semester and they gave us about 1/3 of the time we actually needed to do it. i dont think anyone finished it. everybody was pissed off.

with that said, if your other two courses are easy the semester shouldnt be too hard. however im not the type to switch around courses cos of difficulty, i switch them around cos i want a good timetable!!

one more thing to point out, if you think you have a good chance of failing 2b, post pone it. not sure about now, but when i did it (yearsssssss back :p) we had to wait a full year to do it again cos it only ran one semester, s2 i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)