Doing Brave New World as a related text to 1984 will compromise my essay??? (1 Viewer)

UStoleMyBike

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I've been told that:

a) Doing texts of the same textual form could limit your analysis
b) Brave New World (like Metropolis, Blade Runner etc) are texts that have already been covered many times in the HSC, and so using them in essays means that it would be difficult for markers to see it as original content when so much of it is already on the internet (and hence be less inclined to give marks).​

Is this correct? Should I change to another text (probably The Matrix) even if I've done quite a bit of work on BNW?

Thanks

MrSir

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've been told that:

a) Doing texts of the same textual form could limit your analysis
b) Brave New World (like Metropolis, Blade Runner etc) are texts that have already been covered many times in the HSC, and so using them in essays means that it would be difficult for markers to see it as original content when so much of it is already on the internet (and hence be less inclined to give marks).​

Is this correct? Should I change to another text (probably The Matrix) even if I've done quite a bit of work on BNW?

Thanks

Speaking as a person who has marked HSC we are not looking at the name of the text. We are looking at how you relate it . You can use any text you like without any problem . We don’t see the content as a problem because it isn’t about analysis of BNW that matters but how BNW. relates to your core text . Don’t forget that your related text is only around 35% of your response anyway so you don’t need much analysis anyway . Feel free to Pm. Me if u would like to know more information

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
A) Some questions may ask you to discuss textual form, and it is typically easier to compare and contrast the related text and the prescribed text in this case if they have varying textual form.

It is not essential, however it probably is better to have different text types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)