Doing extremely bad in Advanced, teacher tells me that I should drop? (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
Title...

MY MARKS

Term 1

4/10 - Creative
4/10 - Unseen Text
8/10 - Speech

Term 2

5/15 - Module A

I got this mark today...the teacher told me that I need to fix up the language/grammar and stuff. He also said that IF I go to STANDARD this mark will go to a Band 5/4 range....wtf. Is this true?

Term 3

? Module B/Othello?

As you can see, my marks are quite bad....Any advice? Thx

Kat92

HSC
You are better off sticking with Advanced in the scheme of things as it allows for more opportunities once you leave school. If you can fix the grammar issues, I see no reason why those marks would not increase to something like 7 out of 10 | 9 or 10 out of 15. I would be asking your teacher if he has any extra time to spend with you to show where exactly the points of weakness in your writing exists.

By looking at your ATAR aim, you are willing to commit yourself- so why not give it a go and see what happens.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Title...

MY MARKS

Term 1

4/10 - Creative
4/10 - Unseen Text
8/10 - Speech

Term 2

5/15 - Module A

I got this mark today...the teacher told me that I need to fix up the language/grammar and stuff. He also said that IF I go to STANDARD this mark will go to a Band 5/4 range....wtf. Is this true?

Term 3

? Module B/Othello?

If your doing well in the rest of your subjects, then dropping back to Standard isn't a bad option.

As for your mark for Module A...getting 5 or 6 out of 15 in Advanced is equivalent to 10 or 11 out of 15 in Standard.

HSC
Title...

MY MARKS

Term 1

4/10 - Creative
4/10 - Unseen Text
8/10 - Speech

Term 2

5/15 - Module A

Term 3

? Module B/Othello?

My teacher said she could see some potential for me but was a bit unsure if I should drop or not so I got a tutor half way in year 12 if you can find one ASAP you wont need to drop my tutor helped me immensely! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)