doing HSC with ADHD (1 Viewer)

bigsean193

HSC
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has tips or knows anyone with ADHD. I just recently got diagnosed and it's explained a lot about why I'm struggling with the HSC soo much.

I'm probably going to get a horrible ATAR and I'm ranked last in nearly all my internals and currently even failing my online trials. It's not that I don't want to study (I really really do), it's just that I can't.

I really want to go to university but I highly doubt I will be able to get in, does anyone know any ways I can get in, or am I completely screwed? (I already applied EAS but that just gives you bonus points which I'm not sure will really benefit my mystery mark)

Thanks

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm sorry to hear that! I think that, even with your current condition, you should keep studying as much as possible and doing your utmost in order to perform to the best of your abilities. That way, you will be at least satisfied and happy with the fact that you gave the HSC your best attempt, regardless of the result!

Don't worry, a low ATAR is far from putting you in a completely screwed state! There are definitely other ways through which you can still be made an offer to study at university! Of course, giving the HSC your best attempt might save you time because achieving a decent ATAR, combined with bonus points may actually result in a favourable selection rank, potentially allowing you to directly receive an offer to study your chosen degree. If this doesn't end up being the case, and you end up being unable to meet the ATAR requirement for your degree, there are other options that will definitely allow you to make it into university, including the ability to study a diploma relevant to your degree at either TAFE or your preferred university (or any other university really). Upon completion, you will be able to enrol in your chosen degree and finally commence your university studies! While it might take some extra time to get to that point, the good news is it will definitely get you there (i.e. 100%).

Never lose hope and never give up, you can always make it into university! Your ATAR isn't everything!

I hope this helps! :D

Leadmen4y

HSC
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has tips or knows anyone with ADHD. I just recently got diagnosed and it's explained a lot about why I'm struggling with the HSC soo much.

I'm probably going to get a horrible ATAR and I'm ranked last in nearly all my internals and currently even failing my online trials. It's not that I don't want to study (I really really do), it's just that I can't.

I really want to go to university but I highly doubt I will be able to get in, does anyone know any ways I can get in, or am I completely screwed? (I already applied EAS but that just gives you bonus points which I'm not sure will really benefit my mystery mark)

Thanks
Hey how is your school ranking? What subjects are you doing? What course are you thinking to do in uni?

bigsean193

HSC
I'm sorry to hear that! I think that, even with your current condition, you should keep studying as much as possible and doing your utmost in order to perform to the best of your abilities. That way, you will be at least satisfied and happy with the fact that you gave the HSC your best attempt, regardless of the result!

Don't worry, a low ATAR is far from putting you in a completely screwed state! There are definitely other ways through which you can still be made an offer to study at university! Of course, giving the HSC your best attempt might save you time because achieving a decent ATAR, combined with bonus points may actually result in a favourable selection rank, potentially allowing you to directly receive an offer to study your chosen degree. If this doesn't end up being the case, and you end up being unable to meet the ATAR requirement for your degree, there are other options that will definitely allow you to make it into university, including the ability to study a diploma relevant to your degree at either TAFE or your preferred university (or any other university really). Upon completion, you will be able to enrol in your chosen degree and finally commence your university studies! While it might take some extra time to get to that point, the good news is it will definitely get you there (i.e. 100%).

Never lose hope and never give up, you can always make it into university! Your ATAR isn't everything!

I hope this helps! :D

thanks for the encouragement and kind words man. i've started making a contingency plan depending on what atar i get. i was thinking maybe the college at western sydney university or the unsw prep course since I am actually considered a disadvantaged student.

bigsean193

HSC
HI
Hey how is your school ranking? What subjects are you doing? What course are you thinking to do in uni?
Hi,

English Standard - bottom 10
Maths ADV - last
Chemistry - last
Physics - last
Economics - last

At this point, I'll do anything in university as long as I can get in because you can always move around and change degrees to your liking.

Leadmen4y

HSC
How about the rank of your school? That can have a huge impact on your ATAR. Have you done your trials for all your subjects yet? If so you can certainly climb some of your ranks up as well as gauge your capabilities.
At this point, I'll do anything in university as long as I can get in because you can always move around and change degrees to your liking.
Don't be too discouraged, remember that 50 percent of your ATAR is determined entirely by your externals, you have a solid 2 months to go. I won't sugarcoat anything because your situation is not looking the best, but there are plenty of universities that offer courses for ATAR ranging from 50-60s, and you'd be surprised how achievable that is, even with your current rankings I believe.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks for the encouragement and kind words man. i've started making a contingency plan depending on what atar i get. i was thinking maybe the college at western sydney university or the unsw prep course since I am actually considered a disadvantaged student.
No worries! That sounds like a great plan and both options will definitely be rewarding!

What's particularly good about The College at WSU is that completing their program allows you to go into your second year in the relevant degree.

All the best with everything! You got this for sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)