Doing law with no motivation?? (1 Viewer)

Yamapi

HSC
Long story short all my aspirations and stuff fell through and i'm stuck with a combined law offer and i have no motivation to do it. So i was just wondering if anyone else was ever in this situation and what did they do? Also wondering if i should try again for my goal??

cheers.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
let me guess, you didn't get a med offer?

try commerce/law - the place of med rejects :D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
omg.

so many ppl worked their asses off for a com/law offer that u dont want..

lol.

such is life.= =*

Yamapi

HSC
Hahaha, that's exactly right guess it's comm/law for me then

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Get some work experience in law & accounting (assuming that's what you'll be doing) firms. Then decide if you want to pursue your studies. No point in studying hard to find the career(s) suck.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Yamapi said:
Hahaha, that's exactly right guess it's comm/law for me then
i think you shouldn't be disheartened.

commerce/law is the most versatile degree in the entire history of the universe. it can take you anywhere; the only limit is you.

you probly weren't that interested in med anyway. :p

good luck - this 'setback' will prove itself a hundred billion times better... :)

Yamapi

HSC
Frigid said:
i think you shouldn't be disheartened.

commerce/law is the most versatile degree in the entire history of the universe. it can take you anywhere; the only limit is you.

you probly weren't that interested in med anyway. :p

good luck - this 'setback' will prove itself a hundred billion times better... :)
Thanks mate, my old passion for med which wasn't really that small is dwindling by the hour. So could anyone now suggest any books that i should get prior to the start of uni to get some sort of an edge? Or even some motivation ( i know it's shallow looking for motivation in a book but it's better than nothing :D ). Anyway cheers to everyone for their helpful comments.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
perhaps you can go to the library and get one of those 'how to study law' books.

and get into the habit of reading things. perhaps you can go and read some fiction/non-fiction books in the next month or so just to train your brain up again to read voluminous material. that's about it really. :)

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
You will bore yourself to death and die in hell if you choose law and aren't interested in it :)... thought i'd scare u lol

Worst case scenario - go to TAFE and do plumbing. Work for 2 years. Get your license. Hire 50 apprentices and 25 vans and make CASH!!!!! Doesn't sound that bad ay ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)