• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Doing MULTIPLE Major works (1 Viewer)

hype couture

I was just wondering if any one else is doing a stack of Major Works. Im doing four:
- Art
- Drama
- Design and Tech
- extension 2 English.

ITS KILLING ME! LOL. anyone in my boat speak up.. im feeling isolated by all the comments. ie: "wow your going to die", "haha your an idot" or simply hysterical laughter... hmmm.

so speak up and share your story lol.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I feel your pain

I did

-Visual Arts
-English Ext 2
-Music 2 (Composition Elective, so two compositions & two journals)
-Music Extension (Composition Elective, again, two compositions & two journals)

So I did 6 all up.

What advice I'd give you is to start NOW. FUCK! START NOW!!! NNNNOOOWWWW!!!

or at least, realise that they're pretty much due all at the same time. Drill that in your head. Make yourself finish quite a bit early so you can actually sit down and proof-read ext 2 english one more time, polish your art majorwork etc. Which often takes more time than you think it does.

As for being someone who I could relate to, I bid you good luck! I actually did incredibly well in my majorworks last year, I got an E4 somewhere, E3's and a band 6, (which was unfortunatley dragged down to a band 5 cuz of school assessments but don't you ask me about that. I blame my teacher damnit).

What I'm saying is, it's also very possible to get the highest band for many of your majorworks. :) So don't think your amount of majorworks = doom.

If you haven't got ideas by now, I've been advised that you should intergrate them, like I had a postmodern thing (for a while anyway) going on in all my majorworks, which just made it a whole lot easier, cuz I could write the same smart crap in my majorwork (or in other words, gather a complete understanding of certain concepts).

If you don't that's okay. My art majorwork was based on my experience of the John Mayer Concert in April, my english was postmodern poetry on God and Adam while Adam was a pile of dirt, intergrated with other religions & languages, as well as my music, which is a lil hard to explain here cuz there is a WHOPPING FOUR OF THEM.

Anywho, best of luck. You creative genius you! Just be so organised, but give yourself creative freedom :) All the best!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
hype.couture said:
m feeling isolated by all the comments. ie: "wow your going to die", "haha your an idot" or simply hysterical laughter... hmmm.

I cant say that I was ever in your boat. My younger sister (who is in yr 11 this yr) will be in a similar situation she will have 3 majors if she drops photography and 4 if she keeps it.
This year she is doing:
English (Standard)
Drama
Visual Arts
Photography
Visual Design
Beauty Theropy

I've simply said to her to disregard what other people say about what she's doing because at the end of the day it is her HSC and if she is happy studying those subjects I support her 100% And at the end of the day it is better to study subjects that you enjoy, after all there's no use studying something you're not committed to.

hype couture

What advice I'd give you is to start NOW. FUCK! START NOW!!! NNNNOOOWWWW!!!

If you haven't got ideas by now, I've been advised that you should intergrate them, like I had a postmodern thing (for a while anyway) going on in all my majorworks, which just made it a whole lot easier, cuz I could write the same smart crap in my majorwork (or in other words, gather a complete understanding of certain concepts).

My art majorwork was based on my experience of the John Mayer Concert in April,

Anywho, best of luck. You creative genius you! Just be so organised, but give yourself creative freedom :) All the best![/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for that pep talk!. yeah ive well and truly started them all now. So true what you say about intergrating ideas. my artwork is basicaly a visual version of my ext2 if that makes sense... lol. i take your advice about starting early, i know now that all my MJ's are due within 2 weeks of each other.. meh.

so ill keep my chin up and check back every now and then for a cry.

P:S: i was @ JOhn Mayer too.. how fucking awesome was it? love the guy..

*ashlea*

HSC
try and be positive 2... just think-you're major works may all be due early, and in the space of a couple of weeks.. but at least u get almost a year 2 work on them.. and they'll be well out of the way whilst u study 4 yor exams.. unlike ppl who do all sciences and maths and hav all of their tests at the same time... and cant get them out of the way early even if they wanted 2.. so while they're all stressing out about their HSC exams.. 50% or so of your marks will already have been gained in your major works.. so u can take it easy!

maxwella

I'm doing a major work for:
Ext 2 English
Drama (IP & GDP)
History Ext

and like previous advice, I've just intergrated the four to make it less research. Also I've chosen topics that link directly to the topics I study in class, to reduce research again.

Is this plan working...?
Well, my drama IP is half finished. My ext2 project should be done by term 2, but my history ext project doesn't even have a first line.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
A girl at my school *was* doing:

- Music
- Ext 2
- History Extension
- Drama, and
- Art

I think she's now dropped Ext2 because 5 major works is just too much...too much for anyone bar superman.

princesssfi

breakmystride
HSC
i'm doing ext2 eng, drama, plus 4u maths which is pretty hard becuase i have both eng extensions outside of the timetable and ext2 maths is too... i just dropped our school play b'coz it was getting too much - but i think it shouod be ok now.
one of my friends is doing
-art
-drama
-ext2 eng
(she just dropped dt, but i think thta was more about the teacher)
another one is doin
-ext history
-soc/cult
-ext2 eng
(but i think i'm gonna end up worse, because i simply do not get started. advice so far? make sure you keep working on all your major works and dont just focus on one because you'll screw up the others)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
maxwella said:
I'm doing a major work for:
Ext 2 English
Drama (IP & GDP)
History Ext
I'm doing that same combination- Drama, Ext 2 Eng and Hist Ext. Basically I'm doing them this holiday (hopefully).

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
In 2004 I did English Extension 2, Music Extension and History Extension as well as the Studies of Religion little essay thing and my Music composition and I did fine...

s0k0y0e0

HSC
hype.couture said:
I was just wondering if any one else is doing a stack of Major Works. Im doing four:
- Art
- Drama
- Design and Tech
- extension 2 English.

ITS KILLING ME! LOL. anyone in my boat speak up.. im feeling isolated by all the comments. ie: "wow your going to die", "haha your an idot" or simply hysterical laughter... hmmm.

I do 1 and that's bloody enough for me :uhhuh: I say good luck to you guys; I hope you go REALLY well! ;)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
A girl in my year does *ahem* 6 major works that i can think of

English Extension 2
Drama 1
Drama 2
Music 2
Music Extension
History Extension

not quite sure why drama has two, and anyway, im pretty sure ive left one out somewhere. anywho, she has the right attitude - she doesnt see them as chores, and works on them consistently. everyone seems to think she will crumble under the pressure, but i doubt it. i think she want to success badly, and if you want something bad enough, youll get it.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I would have thought it would be better doing a lot of major works... I mean obviously it will be fucking hard for you (sympathies) but at least you spend a bit less time doing written exams and a bit more time doing fun stuff like art and d+t. I do music which is fucking stressful but it's cool when you really enjoy a piece and you can bludge off studying and practice instead... and still say you're doing something useful. ;)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
i do no major works, but i could only imagine, i've seen the amount of work needed to even prepare... goodluck to you all

i guess my lack of major works is made up by doing the 3 sciences ....

god thats alot... specially all the pracs........gtg lol

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I think actually that any subject is a lot of work... you either have major works OR you have tricky exams OR you have pracs... everyone's a little screwed no matter what they do.

Of course I actually have no idea what I'm talking about cos the only thing I do that might count as a major work is music2 and music extension... and it's true that the amount of work I do in music is way more than any other subject. Or at least it should be. :p

\'OrribleCabbage

Mmmm.... Cabbagy...
HSC
I am doing four major works (if you count the Group Drama one) - English Ext. 2, Ext Hist and Drama. It really is bloody hard, especially 'cause I can't really use a common theme or research (as people are suggesting). The only good thing is that when they are all done (due end of August, I think?), I will have a large chunk of my work done. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)