Doing the subjects Company Law and Taxation Law together too crazy? (1 Viewer)

anomynouss

HSC
So basically I've transferred from another uni, and am at kuringai campus. I've got 2 core subjects that I need to do but I can only do one (fundamentals of business finance), as Accounting Transactions and Business Decisions is not available in autumn, only spring

the main problem is now Im stuck in between subjects and can't do much as I cant really 'move on'. I'm trying to do 4 subjects, but this sem i can only do taxation law, company law and fundamentals of finance. I've tried working around on it, and these are the ONLY subjects i can do this sem (as the other 2 subjects that dont need prerequisites arent offered in autumn, only spring, meaning next semester im only doing 2 subjects!)

Just wondering for those who have done taxation and company law, would it be crazy to do both these law subjects in one semester? I'm really worried already and it seems like it'll be too much to remember! I dont really like this delaying of my graduation, but seems like it already is due to the number of subejcts im taking this, and next term. so should i drop to just 2 subjects? making me part time. or are the two subjects.. OK? how were they? hard? IM WORRIED!

amaccas

HSC
N/A
what degree are you doing? how have u performed in other semesters with difficulty subjects/ or a heavy load? these are all relevant considerations.

I believe Company Law, Tax Law and Fundamentals of Business Finance would be a decent load. Adding a fourth to the mix may be problematic if you are working and managing a relationship at the same time.

Also, it depends on what grades you want.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Neither of the two law subjects are that hard. You shouldn't find it hard at all to do both with FBF.

So your only doing an accounting major?

maka

HSC
You would potentially be able to take ATBD at the City campus this semester due to the fact that a failure to do so would impede your progression throughout your degree.

But you have probably left it too late.

anomynouss

HSC
amaccas- im doing a bachelor of business, majoring in accounting and finance. my main concern is the workload for the 2 law subjcts, i won't be able to add subject to have 4 subjects this semester anyways becuase of the whole prerequisites thing.

i did the core law subejct at UWS and got a credit for it, a few marks away from distinction, btu then again i dont know how the work load is in UTS compared to uws?

huratio - im doing an accounting and finance major.

maka - i wish i could do that, doing the core subject at the city campus but at my enrolment, i've told one of the helpers there and thelady said it there was absolutely no way i could do it at the city campus as i am a kuringai student. its only when the subject is not offered, but in my case it is offered, just not in all semesters.

any other opinions on this topic that may help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)