Doing Units in the 'wrong' order?! (1 Viewer)

Got2Kno91

HSC
Hey guys/gals,
I've just been accepted Mid-year Arts. So far i've been very encouraged at the range of subject choices. I've just got one main concern: mid-year intake somewhat skews the 'order' of continuing subjects. For instance, I'm taking:

Introduction to Sociology 2 (SCLG1002) before Sociology 1 (SCLG1001)
International Economy and Finance (ECOP1003) OR Economy and Society (ECOP1004) [ haven't decided which yet] before Economics as a Social Science (ECOP1001)

Is this OK, is it doable, or will I end up with a very confusing 1st year of Arts? I'm thinking of covering some SCLG1001 and ECOP1001 at home before the start of the semester, what do you guys think? Furthermore, what are these subjects like in general, are they interesting/informative/challenging/relevant/etc etc.

Obviously advice from people who have taken the units in question is particularly valuable, however any advice is appreciated :)

spence

HSC
It shouldn't be a problem, I started mid year and did ECOP1002 before ECOP1001 and it was fine. Second semester units don't generally build on first semester in my experience so you should be fine

Got2Kno91

HSC
Thanks spence. Good to know the ECOP units should be set. In particular, I was worried about Sociology, since the language in the descriptions infers the two are pretty sequential in their content. For instance the SCLG1002 descriptor in the Arts handbook starts off with something along the lines of "continuing your introduction to Sociology..." If anyone who has done SCLG1001 and SCLG1002 could provide their opinion I would greatly appreciated. Also, could anyone provide me with links to where I could find some notes for SCLG1001, just so I can brush up with the basics? If they're only accessible via password and you've got any downloaded i'd really appreciate it if you could send them to me, in which case just pm me or make a post below and i'll pm you with my email.

Oh, and again any opinions on the units I pointed out would also be appreciated :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Didn't really learn anything in SCLG1001, so I don't think you'll be disadvantaged in any way. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)