Dolce&Gabbana in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

HSC
yea i worked out ages ago the key to fashion success - ONLY WEAR CLOTHES >$200

faov

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
I think I love you. Now post some photographs of yourself so I can verify.

cfair

Banned
HSC
faov said:
I want to see pictures of you - post them.

ps dont ask me out i'm not cracking onto you.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Ok...that was wierd. :S
You can find good clothes that cost less than $200.
That's for sure.
WHy waste such money on clothes.
i mean we're young and probly will grow again anyway for all the guys here.

vron7987

HSC
Riet said:
Dolce and Gabanna is not haute couture.
The Dolce & Gabbana collection is considerably expensive (not quite my taste either) though it does have a haute couture line as well as a pret-a-porter line. D&G refers to their less expensive and more casual line.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
faov said:
im just curious, not attacking so don't get upset or anything...but why are less expensive clothes somehow that much more inferior to the really expensive stuff? Like bla bla bla it's better quality, etcetera, I get that...but honestly, there's plenty of nice clothing out there that's not that expensive, or haute couture or designer, or whatever. Do you have a lower opinion of people who don't pay that much money for their clothes? (i'm just asking). I mean, i think the most expensive item of clothing i own is a diana ferrari dress that i paid about 260 bucks for...but for day to day clothing like tops or tshirts i'd go maybe 80 bucks tops, more like 30 if it's just uni clothes. i don't see the logic in paying that much for ordinary clothes unless you happen to be insanely wealthy?

faov

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
im just curious, not attacking so don't get upset or anything...but why are less expensive clothes somehow that much more inferior to the really expensive stuff? Like bla bla bla it's better quality, etcetera, I get that...but honestly, there's plenty of nice clothing out there that's not that expensive, or haute couture or designer, or whatever. Do you have a lower opinion of people who don't pay that much money for their clothes? (i'm just asking). I mean, i think the most expensive item of clothing i own is a diana ferrari dress that i paid about 260 bucks for...but for day to day clothing like tops or tshirts i'd go maybe 80 bucks tops, more like 30 if it's just uni clothes. i don't see the logic in paying that much for ordinary clothes unless you happen to be insanely wealthy?
The last time I answered this question I was labelled elitest, pretentious and a cunt. So I don't really want to answer it again on a public forum. Sorry, but thanks for your understanding :)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
faov said:
The last time I answered this question I was labelled elitest, pretentious and a cunt. So I don't really want to answer it again on a public forum. Sorry, but thanks for your understanding :)
Hahaha....so dramatic!:rofl:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
faov said:
And guess what? You are an elitist, pretentious and a cunt.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
:O
Ouch!
Nah, sorry Faov. I'm not criticising you in anyway.
You probably didn't mean to, but you just came accross as a little bit pretentious.
But, if that's what you believe.
Rock on.
=)

evablazin69

HSC
y dont all yu lil cunts stop fiting bout the brands gahh.

jus go ebay. they got everythingg

i get all my designer clothes and accercerieoss from theree

D&G, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Versace,FCUK etc.etc.

all there!!

:mad1:

faov

HSC
Classy.

Don't misinterpret me, I certainly don't hold anything against you, but I prefer to purchase only from licensed boutiques where I am guaranteed that I am authentic products therefore securing the livelihoods of thousands of people.

Last edited:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
faov said:
Classy.

Don't misinterpret me, I certainly don't hold anything against you, but I prefer to purchase only from licensed boutiques where I am guaranteed that I purchasing authentic products therefore securing the livelihoods of thousands of people.
I read something like that from Men's Style.
Good mag
=P
So, what country you from?

cfair

Banned
HSC
if by securing the livelihoods of thousands of people you mean the few dudes that make it in a sweatshop then more power to you

faov

HSC
cfair said:
if by securing the livelihoods of thousands of people you mean the few dudes that make it in a sweatshop then more power to you
I don't care about those people. Whatever, its their job.

Think of the designers, executives, people in the marketing department, etc. The people who bring the product to life so that you and I can enjoy them. If we support piracy, we simply will not have fashion.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
faov said:

Think of the designers, executives, people in the marketing department, etc. The people who bring the product to life so that you and I can enjoy them. If we support piracy, we simply will not have fashion.
You do realise how contradictory that is don't you?

Without the sweatshop dudes, the "fashion" wouldn't even get made. Both of the groups you talk about need support but even more so the people you don't care about.

I could just as easily say, I support piracy because, whatever it's the fashion executives jobs to bring the idea to life and then I can get it cheap somewhere else.

Do you ever think before you blurt out crap?

cfair

Banned
HSC

bud, i'm pretty sure the designers, executives and all the people in the marketing department of all those brands you exclusively buy are already set for life due to mindsets like your own.

sthcross.dude

HSC
faov said:

Wrong. The amount paid to the designers is only a small component of the additional cost of these products. Most of it goes to marketing people, advertising ect. all geared towards creating demand for the product in the first place. A worthless activity.

I also find it incosistent that you "dont care about those people"(sweatshop workers) which would make sense because you as an individual will have a negligable effect on their situation. Yet you take the moral high ground in protecting the rights of wealthy designers. Even if we accept your argument that if we support piracy "we will not have fashion," you as an individual cannot change the outcome of this, so why not simply act in your own self interest and choose the pirated goods?

Also stop making a special point of mentioning your homosexuality in every post. No one has a problem with it. Your "only gay in the villiage" routine is getting tiresome.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)