DOll's House (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
I have to write the play, 10 years after what has happened...
i have nora, Torvald and Miss Linde as the 3 characters who will discuss the and reflect on the past....

any of u have any pointers.. ?

miapants

HSC
well, it's important to remember that the play is not set in england but in norway. that said, the ways of thinking about the role of women in society were not too different, so you can bludge a bit.
i don't know the criteria for the task, but your characters are limiting somewhat. because the course is texts and ways of thinking, naturally you will need to include thinkers and their... thoughts... yesh. i would recommend engels and shelley for women's position. if i were writing this piece, i would make a clear distinction between nora's position and kristine's position. i don't know what you want to do with it, but because nora has left her husband she is something of a fallen woman while kristine is a widow. have your characters discuss the responsibilities of women, a woman's place in the workforce, and definitely C19th views of "lying" and other such moral corruptions. also, show how nora's leaving torvald has changed him, as he is just as important as nora.
as for the text type, remember that concise, detailed setting and stage directions are required. if you set the play in the helmer's old living room you already have a floorplan, so you can tinker with putting in any props you would like. throwing in a lame extended metaphor is always good.
what you need to remember is the WAYS OF THINKING. without these, you can't crack the a-range. i made the mistake of alluding to thinkers rather than explicitly stating their ideology, so despite a having perfect play techniques- and concept-wise, i only got 23 out of 25 because i wasn't big enough on the thinkers.
good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)