Don't ban the beaver! (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
my mum went crazy over this ad, she hates it with a passion. apparently it used to be a really derogatory term. she was horrified to hear that i wasn't offended and practically insinuated i was going to end up raped because of it :/ wtf.

i'm just not that offended by something that's obviously meant as a bit of a tongue-in-cheek joke. what if they'd had a big rubber vagina following the girl around? that's certainly more politically correct but i can only imagine the spike in heart attacks that would occur because of it.

Women don't want to acknowledge the fact that they have a vagina. It's a secret private mystical world down there, apparently. That's what it comes down to. "OMG, THIS AD IMPLIES THAT I POSSESS A VAGINA SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN"

I remember seeing a skit along the lines of this once.

Also, I think everyone should go and see the vagina monologues. You will get over whatever uneasiness you had about female genitalia very quickly. Not to mention it's hilarious in parts.

boris

Banned
HSC
It's a fucking tampon ad, you bunch of gays. And it's a plastic beaver.

IT'S JUST A VAGINA. AND MENSTRUATION HAPPENS. IT IS IMPORTANT.

Plus it's on after 8:30, so IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

All the good ads get banned :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
boris said:
It's a fucking tampon ad, you bunch of gays. And it's a plastic beaver.

IT'S JUST A VAGINA. AND MENSTRUATION HAPPENS. IT IS IMPORTANT.

Plus it's on after 8:30, so IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

All the good ads get banned :(
what we need is more government intervention to make sure these crazy minorities don't get a disproportionate say in offensive advertisements.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Its funny, it gets the targeted audience, while some people find the term offensive its not exactly screaming out what its about. Just don't play it during kiddy shows and blah blah.

Cerry

HSC
I don't see a problem with it. It had been rated in such a way that it couldn't be shown before 8:30. If you're worried about your kid seeing that, then they shouldn't be watching TV that late anyway (not that most small kids would understand it anyway). If you're offended by it, then YOU shouldn't be watching TV that late (seriously, have you SEEN some of the shit they put on in the 8:30 timeslot?).
Just appreciate the cute little animal, for god's sake.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I've seen the ad. Thought it was pretty tame.
yeah exactly, i mean, it was only following her around, it's not like they had her walking around with a beaver attached to her crotch or whatever. although that would have been somewhat hilarious.

jest3r

HSC
If this ad is banned, they must surely ban the many horrendously lame erectile disfunction/premature ejaculation ads by AMI or whatever the hell it is. They're no where near as subtle as that tampon ad. What the HELL is wrong with this world? :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)