Don't give me the crap that attendance counts!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
My little rant here, all through years 11 and 12, our vce/hsc advisors have been telling us how important class attendance is, and how we would fail vce/hsc if we don't attend class.

For VCE, you must have at least 90% attendance, if not, the school has every right to fail you. The problem is, that's such a lot of bull! I was suuuch a wagger in years 11 and 12 (though more severe in year 12)! In year 12, I probably only attended 40-50% of my classes? Perhaps even less. Initially the teachers were a bit concerned, then, they just gave up!

The reason why I wagged sch was because, I had to sleep as a result of severe insomnia and school was about 40 mins away (one-way). Cbf waking up at 6am in the morning! Hmmm, but not once did I wag a whole day of school to go out, the same can't be said for wagging certain periods after lunch. Friends (more like aquaintances) would bitch to my teachers about my appalling attendance!

The result? I didn't fail HSC! I'm not as useless as everyone thought I would be! I got a decent UAI! And I'm doing a good course this year (though interstate). I just hate how teachers brainwash us with untrue information!

Rant over!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Try that same stunt by missing tutorials, and watch how effective it is.

stephenchow

HSC
uberlovesounds said:
The result? I didn't fail HSC! I'm not as useless as everyone thought I would be! I got a decent UAI! And I'm doing a good course this year (though interstate). I just hate how teachers brainwash us with untrue information!

Rant over!
Yeah but not everyone who attended school as much as you did got to where you got to and by the looks of your sig, you must be some genius and not everyone is a genius. Or you paid your way in.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
All it really shows is that your school didn't really care for the HSC procedures. People at my college got void-grades for not attending 90% of classes and I dont think its worth suggesting people

sladehk

le random
HSC
i think the board of studies requirement is 60% attendance? who cares, all you need is money, get tutors--> smash the assessments. or.. if you ahve more $ pay your way into uni. stupid rich people

*end rant

HSC
hmmm.. i definitely think attendance is important for tutorials in uni.. in vce however, i was always sick and stuff.. i applied for eas..just because i wagged school doesn't mean i'm not a decent person.. my school was pretty nice to me and it's also the top school in vic.. i just couldn't stand the harrassments by my so-called "friends".. sheesh!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
congratulations. you wagged school and did well. i also wagged a lot of school and did well. we should get a medal....or not. I would have gotten a lot more out of school had I attended more. Attending less will, on average, decrease your UAI. Same goes for uni - they conducted research into attending psychology lectures vs. marks, and on average, for every lecture missed, a student's final mark was affected by minus compared to a student, on average, who would attend one more lecture.

groovejet

HSC
N/A
School was the best of times hey? You get to dodge school easily - i remember i didn't head to sport during the school week and just went to a mate's place that afternoon for a whole term.

General overlook is school is school and your not going to get away with this at university. Sure you could miss 1 or 2 tutorial classes but the tutors are not going to chase it up and if you fail, that's your own fault and if you pass well that's your degree for you.

HSC
yeah groovejet, i def won't do it for uni! according to most people, commerce is a bludge but law isn't.. damn, school was fun!

redom

HSC
last year i only had like 65-70% attendance...never came to skool the day before an exam, took a week of before yearlies..and just generally stayed home alot but did work rather then go out and stuff. i live a fair way away from the skool, and the skool never did a thing, ahaha and im supposed to be a role model prefect guy...as if! some of my teachers actually accept it and dont think its that bad. hehe its the first week back and im missing a day already:D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
redom said:
last year i only had like 65-70% attendance...never came to skool the day before an exam, took a week of before yearlies..and just generally stayed home alot but did work rather then go out and stuff. i live a fair way away from the skool, and the skool never did a thing, ahaha and im supposed to be a role model prefect guy...as if! some of my teachers actually accept it and dont think its that bad. hehe its the first week back and im missing a day already:D
*clap*

Really, your penis was how big ?

HSC
term 1 is a bit too early to wag school.. the real action begins at term 3 and 4!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
AsyLum said:
Try that same stunt by missing tutorials, and watch how effective it is.
I've wagged 90% of tutes in subjects I later managed HD's in...

HSC
Musk said:
hello, us 06ers, 05ers n so forth has earned of being here, as if you have; who & wat the fuck makes you think by having ur name in light blue makes you king shit, btw go and jump off a cliff you stupid woman, ur obviously not aware that ur friends need the 5 extra uai more than your very existence
:p hey dude, calm down!!
may i point out to u that i have been a member of BOS for much longer than u have (i actually joined before my HSC... not after it like u did. :confused:), and the number of posts ive posted is higher as well?

and hold on... who said anything about my friends? i merely found a gap in what u agreed with:
Exphate said:
Gtfo.

This is 06er conversation, fuck of to GD HSC o7.
Musk said:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)