Don't know what to do for IPT trials, need help! (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I don't know much for IPT, I'm only "good" at multiple choice because most of them are common sense but when I get to short response I do bad, most of the time I don't even know how to approach the question. My teacher said that the trial exam is coming from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 HSC papers. What should I do? Revising my notes won't help either as they aren't really mine and are of no good.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Well approaching the questions is done by knowing the content and the question verbs and what sort of answer they need I.e explain = cause and effect. Knowing these well will let you be able to tailor your response to the question.
Also try think about what they are looking for - what keywords do you have to use, what things do they expect from you. This can be achieved by just going through making guidelines for one exam and seeing how they correlate to the questions. E.g a question asking for 3 social/ethical issues for 3 marks would probably give you 1 mark per issue. That's why I would write 4 in case one of them is dodgy. For short answer, just do a 'mind dump'. Ipt is unlike other subjects, where it allows mind dump. Basically because you have unlimited writing space, write as much we you can think of about that topic. Start by answering the question and adding details aboutit t, then if you have more time add some more stuff. This will only boost your chance of a better mark because they have more stuff to mark from. Apparently in ipt they do not deduct marks for being wrong, rather look for what is right within your answer. Therefore when you mind dump they will take what you wrote right and give you marks for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)