• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Dont Listen to your teachers for subject advice (1 Viewer)

v.tex

HSC
You know what is really annoying me.
Teachers telling you you cant do subjects because it will be a too high work load, blah blah blah

Seriously guys take the subjects you want to do- who cares about what the teachers say

Dont be like me who listened to them and now am regretting half my subjects halfway through year 11

The teachers always take the path of least resistance- IF YOU WANT TO DO HARD SUBJECTS DO THEM- you will be motivated and want to study

imagineee

HSC
You know what is really annoying me.
Teachers telling you you cant do subjects because it will be a too high work load, blah blah blah

Seriously guys take the subjects you want to do- who cares about what the teachers say

Dont be like me who listened to them and now am regretting half my subjects halfway through year 11

The teachers always take the path of least resistance- IF YOU WANT TO DO HARD SUBJECTS DO THEM- you will be motivated and want to study
I agree, especially in yr 10 when teachers don't really know what a student's full capabilities are. I went to a top selective school, and basically none of the students who were at the top of major subjects (e.g. maths, science) remained at the top in yr 11 and 12. Many of the students who ended up at the top of these subjects were not ranked at the top in yr 10 and junior yrs.

aqwerty13402

HSC
I agree, especially in yr 10 when teachers don't really know what a student's full capabilities are. I went to a top selective school, and basically none of the students who were at the top of major subjects (e.g. maths, science) remained at the top in yr 11 and 12. Many of the students who ended up at the top of these subjects were not ranked at the top in yr 10 and junior yrs.
yupppppppp. agree totally. I was basically told that I was being put into the standard maths course, and I had to protest it. Now im in year 12, ranked 1st, like 15% above the extension 1 kids. (Ignore all the threads of me asking for help, im actually being fr)

imagineee

HSC
yupppppppp. agree totally. I was basically told that I was being put into the standard maths course, and I had to protest it. Now im in year 12, ranked 1st, like 15% above the extension 1 kids. (Ignore all the threads of me asking for help, im actually being fr)
yep, a lot of students don't try in junior years or just haven't learnt how to study effectively so your results then definitely don't reflect your capacity to do a subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)