Dont worry too much about Facebook! (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I went on it EVERYDAY for hours during the HSC year, and for AT LEAST AN HOUR during exam periods, and still did well. The danger zones are as follows:

1) Gaming
2) Gaming
3) Gam... wait a minute!

Listen everyone, you MUST quit playing video games for the HSC year if you want to do well.

I did, and went from an expected 68 ATAR by the end of year 11, to a reality 94.05 at the end of year 12.

Make your decisions. A lot of my friends DIDNT quit, and none of them got >80. Make a decision!

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
yes you can still get 90+ ATAR if you go on facebook, its just getting like 99+ that requires you to lock yourself in the basement and study non stop

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
yes you can still get 90+ ATAR if you go on facebook, its just getting like 99+ that requires you to lock yourself in the basement and study non stop
People will get offended by that, BUT, it is the truth

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
QFT. I used to be a massive gamer but I quit during my HSC year. I eventually gave in to SC2 after my trials but I still managed to get in the high 90s with a few hours of gameplay a week. I reckon I could've done a tiny bit better if I didn't play SC2 though :(

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I went on it EVERYDAY for hours during the HSC year, and for AT LEAST AN HOUR during exam periods, and still did well. The danger zones are as follows:

1) Gaming
2) Gaming
3) Gam... wait a minute!

Listen everyone, you MUST quit playing video games for the HSC year if you want to do well.

I did, and went from an expected 68 ATAR by the end of year 11, to a reality 94.05 at the end of year 12.

Make your decisions. A lot of my friends DIDNT quit, and none of them got >80. Make a decision!
Gamed all of HSC got 99.55, I have a friend that got 99.95 and gamed a lot too.

Didn't do that, went on FB/forums and gamed and still got 99.55

These people talk crap. You just need to be smart enough inherently, and most people aren't. That's why only the top 1.6% get it.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A

These people talk crap. You just need to be smart enough inherently, and most people aren't. That's why only the top 1.6% get it.
If you're telling the truth, you either gamed or studied then, no social life?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I never deactivated facebook and watched the occasional movie =). Seriously, there is no need to delete your fb account and throw all your stuff out and glue yourself to books - just take it easy guys! And 100% agreed duckcow.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
finally someone on this site that is realistic for once, not surprising all the jerks on this site neg reped you lol
Yeah I've made a lot of people angry lol, I'm like one infraction away from a permanent ban as well... but oh well, sometimes the realistic truth hurts, but its better it be told

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I never deactivated facebook and watched the occasional movie =). Seriously, there is no need to delete your fb account and throw all your stuff out and glue yourself to books - just take it easy guys! And 100% agreed duckcow.
I guarantee you're Asian and had no social life at all :) Im not being mean, Im just stating facts. Baulkham + Hardest Sciences + 4 UNIT math + 99.95 + never talkes about social side of things, only virtual side = Birthplace: Shanghai, China!

HSC
Uni Grad
i remember my friends played starcraft and dota a lot and still got good ATARs, one of them was a FOB who barely tried and got 93.7, the other was in fort street and got 98.15, barely even tried..
though it's different for each and every person, at least they can control..
if you can control yourself then you're fine, but if you can't then thats a different story...

Misyndo

HSC
I guarantee you're Asian and had no social life at all :) Im not being mean, Im just stating facts. Baulkham + Hardest Sciences + 4 UNIT math + 99.95 + never talkes about social side of things, only virtual side = Birthplace: Shanghai, China!

ujelly?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
there really isn't anything to gain from being on facebook

thats why my account has like 2 friends and i hardly visit it

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
lol.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
@OP

no stop being such a pretentious fool. Its about balance, you don't quit gaming completely you just balance it with your studies and social life. My friends had this threeway balance and they all got good ATARS (two of them got 99+)

kristy205

HSC
Haha. I love how all the people saying that you must lock yourself away and have no social life/stop facebook/gaming/be asian to get 99 are all people who did not get 99. Its not exactly advice from the experts of how to achieve those results..

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

your asian. go back to china if you think HSC is too easy.

and for people who hardly try and get 93 ATAR, I don't believe that. That was probably your impression of the person, but at home he must have studied and knew what he was doing.

Also yes I believe if you drop gaming all together you will have a greater chance of maximising marks, as for example, you brain will not be filled with the memories of the 2 good games you played last night, but instead it will be filled with useful information about your subject.

and honestly, I have heaps of games, but i probably only touch 1 or 2, now that it's year 12 i'll probably quit, but maybe still the occasional game. There's too many games on the market now, they just get pumped out like as if they are insignificant.

SC2 - i didn't really play much, only played it like for the first 4 weeks when I got it.

Last edited:

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
your asian. go back to china if you think HSC is too easy.

and for people who hardly try and get 93 ATAR, I don't believe that. Theat was probably your impression of the person, but at home he must have studied and knew what he was doing.

Also yes I believe if you drop gaming all together you will have a greater chance of maximising marks, as for example, you brain will not be filled with the memories of the 2 good games you played last night, but instead it will be filled with useful information about your subject.

and honestly, I have heaps of games, but i probably only touch 1 or 2, now that it's year 12 i'll probably quit, but maybe still the ocassional game. Theres too many games on the market now, they just get pumped out like as if they are insignificant.

SC2 - i didn't really play much, only played it like for the fiorst 4 weeks when I got it.
^ way to get into duckcowhybird, guys such an arrogant prick

riots

HSC
N/A
If ignorance truly is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)