HSC
How selling works:
- Steal expensive stuff
- Sell it on ebay for cheaper
- $$$

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
or u could take the stuff they put beside those donation boxes for charities then sell them on ebay.

Lennie

selling is simple.
all you need is an ebay account and a credit card (you dont even need to charge anything to the credit card as you can pay the fees via direct debit)
you follow the steps to listing the item
submit the listing and away you go
then you wait 7 days
and the buyer pays you via the means specified
you send the item once payment goes through

The only thing that sucks is the selling fees. it all adds up... the more expensive the item, the more expensive the fees.
for a standard listing it costs about $1.20, and when the item is sold, you need to pay them 5.75% (i think) of the final cost...

ebay explains it a little better though. :p ;)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
nekkid said:
some of them even buy "mystery boxes" for over US$200. and they don't even know what's in it.
There was one sold for >$7000.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
selling is simple.
all you need is an ebay account and a credit card (you dont even need to charge anything to the credit card as you can pay the fees via direct debit)
you follow the steps to listing the item
submit the listing and away you go
then you wait 7 days
and the buyer pays you via the means specified
you send the item once payment goes through

The only thing that sucks is the selling fees. it all adds up... the more expensive the item, the more expensive the fees.
for a standard listing it costs about $1.20, and when the item is sold, you need to pay them 5.75% (i think) of the final cost...

ebay explains it a little better though. :p ;)
ffs , too much costs.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
There are a couple of guys who sell little glass boxes of Sydney harbour water...they go for around $100 each, most of the people who buy them are stupid americans I think (well they're the only ones who would be stupid enough to buy em). There's so much stupid crap that people buy, it's so silly

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yenta said:
There are a couple of guys who sell little glass boxes of Sydney harbour water...they go for around $100 each, most of the people who buy them are stupid americans I think (well they're the only ones who would be stupid enough to buy em). There's so much stupid crap that people buy, it's so silly
wow , where can i buy them? i always wanted a box of sydney water

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i got an account... i didn't even tell them my credit card number- just a company email address ...
and also a dodgy listing (no colour) will cost you a measly 50 cents

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Does an yone know much the rove toast went for in the end?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
EnterNameHere said:
meh, all the stuff i buy or sell still have tags attached.
i cant undertsand people who buy second hand underwear though... or underwear in general off ebay :rolleyes:
celebrity worn ones are very pricely on ebay :uhhuh:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
nekkid said:
that's what stops me from buying clothes online. you haven't tried it, so you'll never know how you look in it arrives... after you've paid for it.

<3 sales :D
That's true, I don't buy clothes off eBay anymore, I've bought a few and there are a couple I never wear cos I just don't like how they look on me, I even sold one as soon as I received it cos I hated it

Lennie

yenta said:
That's true, I don't buy clothes off eBay anymore, I've bought a few and there are a couple I never wear cos I just don't like how they look on me, I even sold one as soon as I received it cos I hated it
agreed. i only buy brands that i know of, becuase generally they all fit the same way. and i always try to find the item in a store and try it on before i bid. but i guess it depends on what you are after...
But so many sellers just lie to get the item sold, and its so disapointing when you get something, only to realise that it sucks!

Ebay is awesome though, as many new designers use it to get some exposure... in that respect, i have found alot of really nice stuff...

v sia

HSC
how do you sell stuff exactly ?? does someone come to collect your items or do u have to mail it some how ?

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
speaking of Ebay, I just received 20 NiMH 2500 bateries today.. I paid $32 for them. now my camera has unlimited power!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)