Doomed! (1 Viewer)

defier

I am feeling the pressure of the trials like everyone else. But with Chem on Tuesday, I do not know how to make it. There is so much crap to remember and I have alot of info in my head but I feel that I am not prepared. Am I doomed or am I just being paranoid???

KingofthieF

No worries~

I think for HSC, even the least sensitive guy will feel a bit stress at time~~ it really isn't a worry~~

be confident and you will do well :)

and besides if you got questions, and is frustrated bad :confused: post it up and we can all help :D

Good luck!

Originally posted by defier
I am feeling the pressure of the trials like everyone else. But with Chem on Tuesday, I do not know how to make it. There is so much crap to remember and I have alot of info in my head but I feel that I am not prepared. Am I doomed or am I just being paranoid???
For some reason, I'm not overly worried/stressed or even under pressure with these trials. I go into the exams smiling, come out smiling (or laughing at my stupid mistakes)
It's not that I'm overly confident (coz I'm not)-- I haven't even started to study for chem yet-- that means that I've got one night to do a crash course ( a whole years worth) in chemistry. Piece of cake :D
(note the sarcasm- lol)
Seriously though, no you are not doomed, and no you are not paranoid.
Just stay calm-- think about how many other people are panicking-- Just remember, there is always at least one person who will do worse than you (that thought is quite comforting at times- whether it's true or not lol)

SupaGloo

yeh i agree... stay calm.. take time to destress between exams
there no point of all that knowledge in your head when ur too stressed out to even recall it. In other words, ull probably do better knowing less than if u know more but recall less. u gets?

Also... if u go into the exam thinking about how doomed u r... well wats the point?... ur only wasting precious time. Hold out for 1 more week and then u can release then.

And on another note, think about it this way: the stuff that comes easily to you in the trials (without you having to study a hell of a lot for) you can focus on less while studying for the HSC. That'll give you more time to study the things you aren't comfortable with-- just use the trials as an indication to what you have to study before the HSC

Originally posted by the great one
i say we are all doomed chem is going to kill me. So much work so little time
heyy, I gotta do the whole course in a couple of hours tonight (and a bit tomorrow morning I guess-- it's an afternoon exam)
If I can get the theory part-- I can make up the calculations and hope for the best
:D
The last thing I need to hear is that we are all doomed!

Jenn

-=MLhtʻ=-, ur not doomed ur smart!!!;)

hehe yup crash course tonite
4 modules incouple of hours... hmmmm...
better work! lol
damn our teacher... our haly yearly was pretty muchthe same as last years CSSA trial!!:mad:

SupaGloo

Out of an act of desperation, I send a plea to anyone out there with the Chem 2001 HSC worked solutions.
ive got em but its in a book... cudnt b stuffed scanning cos ive got no time. tell us which question ur having troub with and ill help out by typin up answers... as long as it dont take mroe den 20mins max

SupaGloo

actually... i need multi choice 2001 cssa chem answers... 1 bastard question, question 15.

reckon its 'D' but im not 100% sure:confused:

neone know, plz reply thx

Alllllllllright! Two hours and one module out of the way! Woohoo! (Industrial Chem)
cramming really does work
What I remember from that two hours of work... well.. not much-- but the fact is I remember SOMEthing at least

q=It
n=q/e
Frasch= sulfur extraction
Haber= ammonia
Solvay= sodium carbonate

I mean, what more could I possibly need to know??? :D
(~I AM DOOMED~) hahahahahaha

SupaGloo

how bout at least a 4marks worth detailed analysis of the actual processes of frasch, haber, solvay, and saponification including full equations and if possible and 1/2cell equations with advatages and disadvantages and environmental impacts and on and on and on and on... just for industrial chem

oh yeh... and those sperm like soap diagrams...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

Originally posted by SupaGloo
how bout at least a 4marks worth detailed analysis of the actual processes of frasch, haber, solvay, and saponification including full equations and if possible and 1/2cell equations with advatages and disadvantages and environmental impacts and on and on and on and on... just for industrial chem

oh yeh... and those sperm like soap diagrams...
hey you'd be surprised, but I knew exactly what you were talking about, and I reckon I could answer it if I was asked... maybe I did learn more than I thought
Woohoo! The two hours really did pay off then
Industrial Chem rules! I am out of the "being doomed" state-- thanks Supagloo :D

Now to go and do the three core topics-- gimme two hours from monitoring, and two hours combined for identification and acidic environment and i got myself one chemistry knowledged chick ;)

SupaGloo

u can bs ur way through most of the exam... but its those small things that can make the difference between say a 60-70 and an 80-90
all those little annoying details that are hard to remember.

i can neva remember my batteries

and my last tip of the day, make sure u remember ur ion id tests

Batteries..! Thanks for the reminder
I knew I forgot something d'oh!
looks like i'm up for another couple of hours
(still gotta do chemical monitoring :()

SupaGloo

I sed it b4 n ill say it again

NEAP SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)