• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

door to door knocking thing (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
hey, this happened to me today

um, this bloke came around to our neighbourhood saying that they paint out number signs on the gutter so that at night, if ambulance needed to find our number, its visible

the cost for it was 50bucks or something,but i declined the offer cos we already have something similiar done, i so told him i'm not interested

he kept saying "nah get it done you need to blah blah blah" so i just said we will do it in the upcoming wks with my own stuff, cos he was just full rude

and then he just said

"yeah mate watever, i'll come back in 4wks time and see how you go"

can that last sentence, along with his manner/behaviour, be considered as a threat to my security?

^___^
HSC
Asquithian said:
For criminal assault you have to to prove an apprehension of fear of harm. So I don't think that you could get him charged with assualt.

Rudeness and bad manners are not criminal offences.

You can get him in stalking if it can be proved that he had an intention to stalk you. Proved objectively.
well i do feel a sense of insecurity when he said it, cos afterall he knows where i live, and the fact that his manner and behaviour were rather, let just say, rude

ahh, but the thing is, if he said that without that kind of behaviour , then i might not have "scared"

is a roflcopter
HSC
was he a council representative or just some random?

sounds like a scammer
50 bucks to paint some numbers....gg

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
... said:
he kept saying "nah get it done you need to blah blah blah" so i just said we will do it in the upcoming wks with my own stuff, cos he was just full rude

and then he just said

can that last sentence, along with his manner/behaviour, be considered as a threat to my security?
No. Not unless there was any accompanying body language or actions which suggested he might harm you. It is quite clear, though he was rude, that he meant to come back in 4 weeks to see if you had done what you said. Hardly threatening

50 bucks for a painted number, what a rip off!

X

xeuyrawp

MoonlightSonata said:
50 bucks for a painted number, what a rip off!
I had exactly the same thing happen to my family- some guy (assumedly contracted by the council) doorknocking to ask about spray painting. He said it costs 30$, but the paint is there to stay. He was a real jerk to my mum, and she slammed the door on him.

Anyway, I decided to profit, and walked up my street saying I'd do the spray painting for 5$ per house, considering it is a cool thing for you to have, and a lot of the houses on my street have long driveways so it's hard to see the number. I said that "although I don't use 'the best spraypaint', if it is unreadable in a year, I'll do it again for free"... I got 17 houses, and it took me one afternoon, with the cutting out and then the spraying two layers.

But yeah, those contracted by the council can be real jerks.

santaslayer

HSC
... said:

um, this bloke came around to our neighbourhood saying that they paint out number signs on the gutter so that at night, if ambulance needed to find our number, its visible

the cost for it was 50bucks or something,but i declined the offer cos we already have something similiar done, i so told him i'm not interested

and then he just said

You can always tell him/her that they aren't welcomed and to leave the premisis immediately or you'll call the police. If he doesn't, it's pretty much automatic trespass. :)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
... said:

and then he just said

if you entered into a contract, you can recind the contract under due influence from duress, so nothing you got to be afraid of ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)