Dorm room's too noisy! (1 Viewer)

paganinio

HSC
'Noisy' by paganinio
Dorm room's too noisy!
I just can't sleep!
I'm disappointed!
I gotta leave!

I'm not a college student but a high school student.
I've bought some 'ear-plugs' to block the noise(they keep on talking), but no good. Though some expensive ear-plugs may work, I don't want to live in a building surrounded by dirty environment, and I don't want to sleep with something weird on my head!
I am woozy all the days, if I get home everyday I can have several hours additional sleep.
But there're also some cons, for example, it may lead to too many masturbations! And I will lose some friendship by doing so, In fact, it's widely accepted that the dorm environment (studying, eating, playing, sleeping and living together) gives you the opportunity to make friends closer than any you've had before. It's not uncommon for a person's "best" friends to be those with whom he or she spent several years with in the dorm back in the "good old days".

Related articles below is from http://apartments.about.com/cs/college/a/students.htm , all rights reserved by PRIMEDIA
written by Sandra Clockedile
The PROS of dormitory life:

Social life is often built in. In the close quarters of a dormitory, it is usually very easy to find a "pizza buddy" or someone to help with studying.
Dorm-sponsored social activities enhance the feeling of family.
There are very few "extraneous" concerns. You won't be dealing with monthly rent payments, utilities, and grocery shopping.
Someone else will be doing most or all of the cooking.
Someone else will also be doing much of the housekeeping.
The presence of adult "house parents" and older student counselors is a built-in support system, especially for younger students.
You are sharing your living quarters with other students who understand the demands on your time.
On-campus dorms, especially, are close to classes, the student center, and other college activities.
These days, cable TV and high-speed Internet access are a feature of most college dorm rooms, and even if you pay for them it'll be cheaper than "retail."
The CONS of dormitory life:

Social life is nearly inescapable. The close living quarters and conviviality of traditional dormitory life means that it is often impossible to avoid a more active social life than may be desired or good for your GPA. Dorm activities can often feel like unavoidable obligations.
Privacy can be hard to come by.
Especially on weekends, college dormitories can be very noisy places.
Shared bathrooms - need I say more?
Without (often illegal) small appliances, something as simple as making a cup of coffee or heating a cup of soup when you want a snack is impossible. Your eating schedule will be ruled by cafeteria hours.
Your first year, anyway, you will often be sharing a very small space with someone you've never met before.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
sorry, i got lazy and stopped reading. at least i'm honest.
the dorm sounds like either a good place to live for an hsc, or a bad one... with no middle ground. also being a border works for some, not others. i could never... i'm not that kind of person! anyway... as for the noise, as a drummer i have yet to find a way to block out noise. sorry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)