dot point 1.3.3 (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i did the kanagaroos

australia was once a rainforests, but when it dried out, it gave way to grasslands etc etc which enabled kangaroos to develop adaptions - e.g. hopping quicker

something like that - i will copy and paste my notes here later... (if i find them...)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
analyse information from secondary sources to prepare a case study to show how an environmental change can lead to changes in a species

any suggestions? NOT the peppered moth please :p:p
y not?? pepper moth is SOOOOOOOOOOO much easier!!!

oh wellz, u can prolly use australia fauna... cuz lyk ages ago there are those mega faunas which are lyk, abundant... however, because australia becomes more and more arid by the minute, those mega fauna can nolonger be advantagous in the environment (cuz losin water too fast)... therefore the species has changed due to change in environment...

less convincin tho,... still reckon peppermoth is fine... ><

oh, oh, oh... i noe!!! mosquitoes, how'd resistance to DDT came abt!!!

before change in environ: all kinds of mosquitoes...
change in environ: introduction of new chemicals (DDT)
impact: most die off... those wif characteristics that help it to resist the chemical survived...
evolution: 2nd or 3rd generation of mosquitoes will mostly have the resistance... therefore a species has changed due to change of environment...

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
nah peppered moth just means more memorisation.
just write about mosquitoes and DDT (growing resistance) or bacteria and superbugs cos it overlaps with other parts of the course

don't bother trying to be elaborate with examples i say

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
try humans

for instance; the environment could be BOS
and like the environmental change would be...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
i agree with mei_ling

DDT and mosquitoes is probably your best bet because, its easy, ties in with other topics

and apparently there is lots of controversy over the peppered moth so try and avoid it

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
i agree with mei_ling

DDT and mosquitoes is probably your best bet because, its easy, ties in with other topics

and apparently there is lots of controversy over the peppered moth so try and avoid it
controvesy?? wut controversy timmy??

edutcate me plz?? =)

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
there is new evidence that the numbers counted by scientists were doctored to support their hypotheses or something like that

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by frodo
there is new evidence that the numbers counted by scientists were doctored to support their hypotheses or something like that
bah. i've chucked it all out

but yeah its something about how all their research was made up, i think frodo's got it but i can't remember unfortunately

xiao1985

HSC
N/A

but yeah its something about how all their research was made up, i think frodo's got it but i can't remember unfortunately
oh, dat's coolz... i got it now... thx pplz ^^

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
yeah its good to check out ur examples; as who knows u might get a stingy examiner/marker who doesn't like it. cuz of something realted to the accuracy/reliability

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yeah its good to check out ur examples; as who knows u might get a stingy examiner/marker who doesn't like it. cuz of something realted to the accuracy/reliability
yea... but more dan often, u need soem examples to show that u understand the concept... and inthis case, u need a case study, there fore, an example is essential isn't it??

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
sorry, i meant that u should pick good examples; and check 'em out

by no means skip learning examples; i feel even learning a few if not necessary helps reinforce the concept (whateva it may be)

jazmine1129

yea

t-i-m-m-y said:

and they apparently, like, pinned the moths they wanted to the trees they wanted or sumthin.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
dunno if someone said this but.....
when australia was much wetter, kangaroo's had no need for grinding teeth
as it became drier they evolved and developed grinding teeth

but if you ask me, the peppered moth's are the easiest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)