dot point help!! (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hey guys,

theres this dot point which is really confusing me...

describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effects on other masses

isnt is just newtons law of universal gravitation? like a force between any 2 objects is pro' to their product of masses... blah blah?

thanks guys :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i think you are meant to describe that the gravitational field is infinite but its magnitude varies depending on the distance from the object, the objects mass, etc etc. yeah that point is pretty vague but i think its just a interlinking point in the topic so they can set questions relating to gravities and such.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah the point was confusing the crap outta me when i first read it..

anyways congrats on ur man utd win man! mAhUAHua yeah i read ur sig and i saw that u suported them... and yeah...

anywayz...

alright im gonna do what u said for that point for now..
thanks again for it man

mrman

hmmm man iunno about that... but it sounds suspiciously of keplers law of periods

just say that a gravitational field is a region in which a mass will experience a force... and then keplers law of peroids
u should be able to pull it off i think

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ

describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effects on other masses

isnt is just newtons law of universal gravitation? like a force between any 2 objects is pro' to their product of masses... blah blah?
countrydude asked this a couple of weeks ago, this is what I told him :).

Essentially, massive objects attract other massive objects within their gravitational fields exerting a force given by Newton's equation for gravitation. So I agree with you, it is basically about the law of universal gravitation.

Kepler's law of periods is related, but I would focus on Newton's equation for gravitation.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats what i thought. so im gonna write notes of umm newtons universaal law, but gonna connect it with keplers

:D

anyway, thats alot for helping me out guys! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)