• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dot point never done, HELP! (1 Viewer)

i-c-lil-ppl

Jasmine Gala
HSC
I was doing my dot-point revision , including skills and i did them all but this one
"Perform an investigation to help distinguish between non-inertial and inertial frames of reference"

I know the answer but i never did this experiment in class. There is only one experiment for this in the jacaranda text book, that i can not do at home.
How important is this dot point anyway?
Can someone help me on this one? Perhaps give me their experiement and results ( no conclusion or discussion i want to work that out on my own :cool: )

PLEASE HELP !!

mzduxx2006

HSC
hm well one that u can discuss is with the rooms. if its a non inertial frame the string will hang vertically down cause its not accelerating [maybe ive mixed it up ive tried to erase all physics from my mind] aniways if its the inertial one which i think is accelleration, the string will hang at an angle because it is accelerating.

hope this helps :(

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
hm well one that u can discuss is with the rooms. if its a non inertial frame the string will hang vertically down cause its not accelerating [maybe ive mixed it up ive tried to erase all physics from my mind] aniways if its the inertial one which i think is accelleration, the string will hang at an angle because it is accelerating.

hope this helps :(
Yeah you mixed them up :uhhuh:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
If you knoe the theory of the experiement from the jacandra book, then that should be enough.

i-c-lil-ppl

Jasmine Gala
HSC
hmm ok a little confusing there lol
you are just randomly talking about a string hanging?? but i understand wat you mean.
That past thread was very usefule THANX!!
Thank u all!!

me121

Premium Member
HSC
3unitz said:
thats what our class did... we went outside with pieces of string and weights, and ran with them, and did side steps...
That is an acceptable answer, however it is not definitive. You do not know if that is due to a non-inertial frame or if it is due to a gravitational field.

i-c-lil-ppl

Jasmine Gala
HSC
LMAO haha thank you guys so much!! i honestly didnt expect a respnce for a couple of days, i better use this site more often then aye??

twilight1412

HSC
i-c-lil-ppl said:
I was doing my dot-point revision , including skills and i did them all but this one
"Perform an investigation to help distinguish between non-inertial and inertial frames of reference"

I know the answer but i never did this experiment in class. There is only one experiment for this in the jacaranda text book, that i can not do at home.
How important is this dot point anyway?
Can someone help me on this one? Perhaps give me their experiement and results ( no conclusion or discussion i want to work that out on my own :cool: )

PLEASE HELP !!
you needent have done this experiment yourself as long as you can give a discussion on it
easy solution ..
drop a ball ... if it lands directly below where it was dropped .. inertial frame
otherwise non inertial

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Argh, whats with people learning HSC dot points by memorising shit instead of understanding? Make one up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)